Best place to buy cabin luggage for Ryanair.

Options

Comments

• egfcomps
    egfcomps Posts: 87 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi,

As anyone had any problems at taking the Sub Zero G 49cm cabin luggage on a ryanair flight (this one: http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/2863599.htm).

It says the dimensions are less than Ryanair at Size (H)49, (W)34, (D)18cm, but it measures with handle, wheels etc 55 and a bit, tiny bit!

Just worried now as when I look it just looks too big for cabin approved, must be the squareness of it.

If anyone can reassure me I would appreciate it.

Thanks
  • mich_city
    mich_city Posts: 13,830 Forumite
    Options
    egfcomps wrote: »
    Hi,

As anyone had any problems at taking the Sub Zero G 49cm cabin luggage on a ryanair flight (this one: http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/2863599.htm).

It says the dimensions are less than Ryanair at Size (H)49, (W)34, (D)18cm, but it measures with handle, wheels etc 55 and a bit, tiny bit!

Just worried now as when I look it just looks too big for cabin approved, must be the squareness of it.

If anyone can reassure me I would appreciate it.

Thanks

used one of those for a recent ryanair trip.. fitted in the cage ok and got quite a lot in it for 10 day holiday :)

got mine in matalan
    http://www.matalan.co.uk/fcp/product/fashion-to-buy-online/suitcases/sub%200%20g%20x%20small%20case/19324

needed in a rush so didnt try sourcing it cheaper online.. great case though!
  • DeeDee66
    Options
    Thank god as I'm taking the same one on Easyjet this weekend!
  • lady1964
    lady1964 Posts: 955 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Hi,
    Can I ask if this case ^^^^^ is ok as hand luggage for Thomson flights? I bought mine in Matalan specifically to use as hand luggage as it's so light and I'm fed up with having one shoulder lower than the other by the time I've got my duty free, book and other flight essentials in it!
    Thanks
    Lady1964
  • egfcomps
    egfcomps Posts: 87 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    mich_city wrote: »
    used one of those for a recent ryanair trip.. fitted in the cage ok and got quite a lot in it for 10 day holiday :)

got mine in matalan
    http://www.matalan.co.uk/fcp/product/fashion-to-buy-online/suitcases/sub%200%20g%20x%20small%20case/19324

needed in a rush so didnt try sourcing it cheaper online.. great case though!
    Thanks for your reply, makes me feel more assured.
  • whoswho69
    whoswho69 Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 27 November 2010 at 1:51AM
    Options
    Sorry as a new user I am not allowed to post with links. This is done to stop spammers clogging up the site. :)
    You may take a look at this: amazon.de (your amazon.co.uk account works like a charm), search for "Franky T1 Kabinentrolley 53 cm".
    Dimensions: 53x38x20cm / Weight 3.5kg! / Price £25.50
  • UKHCGirl
    Options
    Howdy folks. Basically, i just got back from Eindhoven where they are pretty strict with weight but didnt really bother getting me to put the case in the cage (which is a good thing as it didnt fit even though i bought it within the dimensions. GRRR.). This is the 2nd back i have bought that is too big.. my other one is fine if not too full but once i start filling it with stuff, it goes over the dimensions. So, my request is: Does anyone know where i can get a lightweight hard case that will DEFO fit into the dimensions that is under £30? I dont go away that often.. if they fit within flybe's even better!
  • Paul_Varjak
    Options
    stevie56g...

Is this the one?

http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.203-7090.aspx

Does not make best use of Ryanair baggage size as it will only hold 25 litres (Ryanair has 44 lire maximum capacity). Also a bit heavy at 3Kg.
  • pigeonpie
    pigeonpie Posts: 1,216 Forumite
    Options
    we've flown recently on Ryanair using the same one as you got at Matalan. No problems. Just don't stuff the front pockets ;)
  • Cate1976
    Options
    I've used the Eurohike Weekender 35l rucksack on Ryanair and Easyjet with no problem. I have to confess to finding backpack easier to use for hand luggage. I measured my rucksack empty and it was 45cms wide so was careful what I put in the side pockets to get that to 40cms, depth was 18cms so was careful packing the bag to make sure it didn't 'bulge' to more than 20cms, it was 52cms high so was careful what I put in the top pocket. if I'd been asked to put it in the cage, I would have had to turn it on it's side for it to fit the cage which is 55cms wide 40cms high and 20cms deep. Hoping to use it with Thomsons next year.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure