BT complaints

Options

Comments

• BT_company_representative
    BT_company_representative Posts: 1,861 Organisation Representative
    Options
    Hi User Name,

Will you PM me your BT account details and I will have a look at this for you.

Many Thanks
    Donna
    BT Support
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of BT. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Mike_Samuel
    Options
    I am now on my 52nd telephone call to the BT helpdesk, I have gone through the UK callcentres, The Asian Technical Helpdesk, Ofcom and finally the executive complaints department, by sending an email addressed to the CEO.
    I am worst off now than when I started 52 telephone calls ago. I started contacting BT as I had 920 KBPS download speed although the sales talk was of 3 MBPS.
    After many frustrating hours and days on the telephone, 3 (yes three ) BT Home Hub routers and a BT engineer later, BT managed a 2.7 MBPS download speed for 2 whole days, I am now back down to 870 - 880 KBPS and I have a letter signed by Shirley MacKie from BT's executive complaints department stating that we are at deadlock and I have to live with the abysmal download speed. To add insult to injury the letter states that if I want to transfer to a different ISP I have to pay the remainder of the contract even though they have not fulfilled their side of the contract

Any help or suggestions would be gratefully recieved.
    Options
    Hi Mike Samuel

Sorry to read of the problems with your speed and the issues with BT.

Please pm with some details and I can look at your account for you.

Thanks

Stuart
    I am the official company representative of BT. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • lillies7779
    Options
    deeplydark wrote: »
    I have just emailed [EMAIL="ben.verwaayen@bt.com"]ben.verwaayen@bt.com[/EMAIL] with a complaint. Been trying to change my direct debit billing from quarterly to monthly for NINE MONTHS and their customer service have still not done it!!!! I sent an email to Ben at 00.33 and by 00.44 he had replied.

Unfortunately the email I sent to 'ben' was returned..it seems he is fed up of receiving all the MSE complaints and has changed his address.
    Typical BT style.
  • Crystaltipps_2
    Options
    Hi

We have been trying to resolve a complaint with BT since June. When we rang and complained about them taking too many payments, they asked us to put the complaint in writing. We have sent 2 letters recorded delivery to the offices in Durham, but haven't even had a reply.

Crystaltipps
    Options
    Hey Crystaltipps,

Sorry to hear of the problems you are having trying to resolve your complaint. June was a long time ago. If you want to PM details of the complaint to me I will get it resolved.

Conan
  • Doublestew_2
    Options
    I reported a noisy line using the fault reporting section on the BT website on 2 Sept. On 5 Sept I can the customer call centre as the status of my call hadn't changed i.e. 'being investigated, you will be updated ...'. I was told by the call centre that there was a problem with the website and that faults were not being sent to the engineers!

So, they have known fault that they don't tell their customers about and now because it is a weekend my fault won't be addresed until 8 Sept. Presumably if I hadn't rang the customer centre my call would never have been processed. If they had on their website that you need to call 'this number' if an engineer is required my problem would probably have been fixed by now.

I have no broadband access and an intermittent phone service and BT has a website that doesn't work. :confused:

So, heads up to any BT customers, if you do report a fault using the web site you can't rely on it - ring the customer call centre as well.

I asked how to complain and the call centre told me I would have to write. No phone number, no email address; this is BT, world leaders in IT and communications. I did find the web form on the BT site you can use to make a complaint but it would appear that BT call centre personnel don't know about it [sighs]. It doesn't really fill me with confidence about the call centre

Great service BT, you really know how to turn a simply disgruntled customer in to :mad:
    Options
    Hi Doublestew,

I understand your frustration at this. I have reported the issue with the fault reporting system on the website. If you would like to PM your account details I will update you with information as regards to the fault. Alternatively you can email us at forum.moderation.team@bt.com

You can get your calls diverted to a mobile for the period of the fault free of charge or you can get a refund on your line rental for the period from when the fault was logged to the repair date. For more information ont his visit https://www.bt.com/terms and select the section about the customer service guarantee scheme.

Many Thanks
    Donna
    BT Support
  • gracec_2
    gracec_2 Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 6 September 2009 at 12:47PM
    Options
    Did anyone here ever manage to get any complaint contacts? I need a phone number or email of someone higher than the Indian call center. My parents have been without Broad band and telephone for over three weeks. Despite numerous calls from my sister and mother (on her mobile - not cheap) the problem is not fixed. An engineer finally came out last Tuesday and said he knew what the problem was and had fixed it, but the broad band still does not work and the telephone is not consistent. After another round of constantly calling customer services we have now been told that we are back to the bottom of the pile because according to their rules it is technically a new complaint. We have been offered no further help, have no idea when/if they are planning to help my parents or are going to fix the problem. My parents live in rural wales and are now quite isolated. They are also paying for the pleasure of not being able to use their phone or internet and the cost of calling the call center on mobiles. We are beyond frustrated and would like to talk to someone who can actually resolve the situation. We will obviously be making a complaint to ofcom in due course but need to know how to escalate the complaint with BT and there are no details of how to do this on the website and the call center wont tell us.

Please someone - help us! We are just going round in circles and not achieving anything.
    Options
    Hey Gracec,

Sorry the broadband problem has still not been resolved. If you would like to PM the details I can certainly take a look at this for you.

Conan
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure