Refund of delivery costs?

Options

Comments

• George_Michael
    Options
    DoaM wrote: »
    So you're saying SoGA (now CRA) had no relevance to online sales? Really? ;)

No one is saying or implying that.
    What is being said is that it is the CCR's that deal with the right of cancellation regarding online sales and the rights regarding what must be refunded in the event of such a cancellation.
  • DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Must be my memory failing me ... I thought the CCRs (granted they'd only been enacted 2 years earlier) had been superseded by the CRA.

PS - post #19 was unnecessary given you'd already said the same thing in post #18, 30 minutes earlier. The tone of post #19 is more of a "HA HA HA Look at the idiot" comment - totally unnecessary.
  • unholyangel
    unholyangel Posts: 16,863 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    My take on it.

Under CCR you have 14 days from delivery to use your 'change of mind' return power.

As you didn't use CCR then your return is based on the company's return policy.

You can't have CCR cover for 'change of mind' if you don't abide by the returns times.

The CCRs give consumers 14 days to cancel if the seller complies with their obligations of providing certain information - such as your cancellation rights - in a durable medium (websites obviously arent durable). If not, the consumer has up to 1 year & 14 days to cancel.

So theoretically possible for OP to still be within the statutory cancellation period.
    The-Truth wrote: »
    So apologise then as you're wrong!
    God no wonder there's laws protecting sellers. It's people like you who cause them!!!!!

And what laws are there protecting sellers? I mean I've heard of consumer protection from unfair trading regulations, consumer contract regulations, consumer rights act. consumer credit act etc but I've never heard of a supplier rights act or the like.
    You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means - Inigo Montoya, The Princess Bride
  • neilmcl
    neilmcl Posts: 19,460 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    DoaM wrote: »
    PS - post #19 was unnecessary given you'd already said the same thing in post #18, 30 minutes earlier. The tone of post #19 is more of a "HA HA HA Look at the idiot" comment - totally unnecessary.
    Again reading one thing and implying something else.
  • theonlywayisup
    theonlywayisup Posts: 16,031 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    The CCRs give consumers 14 days to cancel if the seller complies with their obligations of providing certain information - such as your cancellation rights - in a durable medium (websites obviously arent durable). If not, the consumer has up to 1 year & 14 days to cancel.

So theoretically possible for OP to still be within the statutory cancellation period.

I have to admit I didn't see the company weren't complicit with their obligations. I do skim read [STRIKE]most[/STRIKE] some of these.
  • DoaM
    Options
    neilmcl wrote: »
    Again reading one thing and implying something else.

?

So you're saying you didn't start post #19 in a condescending manner? If not, what was the purpose of "Oh dear"?
  • neilmcl
    neilmcl Posts: 19,460 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    It was merely to emphasise how much was wrong about your post, particularly the authoritative way it came across.
  • fleshandbone
    Options
    Has the OP come back yet?
  • DoaM
    Options
    neilmcl wrote: »
    It was merely to emphasise how much was wrong about your post, particularly the authoritative way it came across.

So you're not disagreeing that it was condescending then. Progress! :)
  • Emily1975
    Options
    The-Truth wrote: »
    So apologise then as you're wrong!
    God no wonder there's laws protecting sellers. It's people like you who cause them!!!!!

Is that directed at me? If so please clarify:

- wrong about what? I can't see that I have made any claim, let along a wrong one.

- "cause them" - cause what exactly?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport