Iva company gone into administration and won't complete my iva 10 years later!

Options
I took out an iva with my ex partner 10 years ago. His debt was much more than mine and when we split 6 years ago I phoned them to have mine separate and I was told that mine could be completed because my debt was very small and we had made enough payments to cover it. Roll on 6 years and many phone calls as to why I haven't received my completion and my credit score is still horrific and I'm told the company is in administration so cannot complete any Iva's! My ex has even finished paying his 4 years ago and his won't be completed either. I really want to get a mortgage soon and I won't be able to if it's not completed! We went into this on the basis that I'm 5 years we would be debt free and 10 years down the line they are still writing to me asking for income and expenditure updates for an iva that was finished years ago! Is there anyone I can get in contact with to make them push this through as I fear it going to just be stuck in it forever! I'm 35 and want to buy my house! The company are Varden Nutall.
Many thanks.

Comments

• National_Debtline
    National_Debtline Posts: 7,998 Organisation Representative
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi Nataliefrancesca

Welcome to MSE. Do you know why you are still being asked for an income and expenditure form? That doesn’t suggest the IVA has completed.

On the Varden Nutall website the latest update from 4 July 2017 states completion certificates will be issued shortly. If you haven’t received yours, there is an email address you can use to contact the administrators who have taken over dealing with the Varden Nuttall cases [EMAIL="vardennuttall@frpadvisory.com"]VardenNuttall@FRPAdvisory.com[/EMAIL].

You can still make general enquires on 0844 826 2144. If they do tell you the IVA isn’t complete you need to ask for more information on why that is. The free debt advice agencies will be able to help if you need further advice on your next steps.

Susie
    @natdebtline
    We work as money advisers for National Debtline and have specific permission from MSE to post to try to help those in debt. Read more information on National Debtline in MSE's Debt Problems: What to do and where to get help guide. If you find you're struggling with debt and need further help try our online advice tool My Money Steps
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure