IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Can I check my understanding?

Sorry to Crabman and Coupon Mad, I have read your sticky posts but there is so much info on there I am worried that I might have missed something.

Have I got the advice right?

1) Received a 'contractual parking charge notice' from G24 for parking in a car park controlled by them for Sports Direct (I thought where I parked was the customer parking for the shop next door - genuine mistake.

2) I used Martin's template to appeal to G24 and this has been refused on the basis that there are lots of signs and the charge of £100 is not disproportionate

Reading all of these threads, I think that the advice is to not bother appealing to IAS (which is what G24 have said is my only option other than paying) as whilst I will receive debt collection notices, if I ignore them, eventually it is likely that these will go away?

If not, am I best just to pay now (as I think i can still get the reduced rate of £60 if I pay very soon)?

Thanks

Comments

• Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    the correct template was the IPC member template in the NEWBIES sticky thread

G24 were always going to refuse any appeal

G24 have 6 years to try a court case in the small claims court , so yes it will "go away" , eventually

I would not pay, the choice is yours
  • dsa1980
    dsa1980 Posts: 26 Forumite
    Thank you RedX

Can I ask on what basis you think this will go away? Have you been successful with this yourself, or have you worked for one of the companies?

Do you know what the likely worst case is?
    Being taken to small claims court and paying costs of up to £400 ish?

Thank you, I really appreciate yours, and anyone else's advice.:o
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    As Redx says .... you need to understand that the IPC/IAS is a scam who only attract members who scam, that is where G24 fits in.

YES, you will get idiotic scary letters from the second level of this scam, the debt collectors which you ignore.

You may then get threats from Gladstones solicitors who own the IPC/IAS ..... that completes the full circle of the scam which by the way .... government supports.

READ ABOUT THE INFAMOUS GLADSTONES
    http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/search?q=GLADSTONES

You could point this out to your MP but they are probably tied up with brexit where they don't know ... who .. why ... where .. how or even "what's my name"
  • pixeLm
    pixeLm Posts: 15 Forumite
    edited 30 June 2016 at 11:07PM
    I think what RedX is saying is that they haven't taken any case to small claims court for the past 6 years, so most probably they wont go ahead with your case either. You'll probably get notifications and letters for a few months, and then they'll stop.

But as RedX says, it's an assumption.

Edit : I misunderstood. See beamerguy's post below. Apologies.
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 30 June 2016 at 11:03PM
    pixeLm wrote: »
    I think what RedX is saying is that they haven't taken any case to small claims court for the past 6 years, so most probably they wont go ahead with your case either. You'll probably get notifications and letters for a few months, and then they'll stop.

But as RedX says, it's an assumption.

NO, what RedX says is that they have up to 6 years to persue you

Again, the Parking Prankster highlights G24
    http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/search?q=g24
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    dsa1980 wrote: »
    Thank you RedX

Can I ask on what basis you think this will go away?

Have you been successful with this yourself,

or have you worked for one of the companies?

Do you know what the likely worst case is?
    Being taken to small claims court and paying costs of up to £400 ish?

on the basis that it is statute barred under MCOL after 6 years in england and wales and that has been the law since 1973 , so unless they issue an MCOL within 6 years its a dead duck

no , never had any of these to ignore

never worked for any parking company and never will either, been in one company all my life until I retired

worst case is a small claim like Judge Rinder and if you lost you could pay up to approx £225 , or probably less
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,340 Forumite
    G24 have never taken anyone to court!

http://www.bmpa.eu/companydata/G24.html

No guarantees for the future - but this is where they're at right now!
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,555 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 1 July 2016 at 12:34AM
    Umkomaas wrote: »
    G24 have never taken anyone to court!

http://www.bmpa.eu/companydata/G24.html

No guarantees for the future - but this is where they're at right now!

Seconded. The OP is worrying about nothing. :)

@dsa1980, what happened when you did the FIRST THING the NEWBIES thread recommends, which is to always complain to the retailers, like here:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5433044

Well what are you waiting for?!

And if you've already tried, TRY AGAIN, ALL RETAILERS ON SITE WHETHER YOU HAVE RECEIPTS OR NOT. Do that. Exactly that. In person AND if that doesn't work, then write to each retailer's Head Office, politely, like that person did. It worked for him for 3 G24 PCNs, eight months after they were issued.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure