PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Thread for Monday 23rd May

Options
This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or SLOW internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.

Some people who chat here like to try to answer everyone. Don’t feel you have to though, a general “hi everyone, hope everyone’s well” is fine
Chin up, Titus out.

Comments

• Hard_Up_Hester
    Hard_Up_Hester Posts: 4,656 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 23 May 2016 at 6:41AM
    Options
    Morning all
    DGS's uniform and PE kit are all ready for the new week, hubby isn't working this week, then it's half term.

The car is full of stuff to be taken to the CS and/or recycling, there is still loads of stuff to go.

This evening I need to clear space in my freezer, DS is buying some speciality ice cream for his GF's birthday and want's me to keep it hidden until the day.

Have a good day everyone.
    Hugs Hester
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • ancientofdays
    ancientofdays Posts: 2,913 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all, about to get ready for work, a hefty day today and am a bit jaded after a sleepless night.

But the sun is shining so at least I shan't get soaked on the way. And I shall not be working tomorrow.

Hope everyone has a good day.
    I was jumping to conclusions and one of them jumped back
  • camelot1001
    camelot1001 Posts: 6,007 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning All

The sun is splitting the skies! Yesterday's rain didn't materialise so I did garden stuff - planted up the hanging baskets, some new planters at the front door, cut the grass and topped up the potato bags. Also made a start on the mono block front drive, it's all mossy and green between the bricks, need to do a bit each evening to get it clear again.

One load of washing in that can go out in a mo. Kitchen had a good clean last night after my dinner of salmon and stir fry.

HH - How is OHs hand?

Have a good week. Take care. XX
  • candlelight_2013
    candlelight_2013 Posts: 2,681 Forumite
    Options
    Good morning all,

Thank you early bird (Hester) for starting our week off.

Bright and breezy here at the moment. No washing to speak of, only what we took off last night. We do have to do a SM shop, having run out of a few things.

Friday was spent doing things in the garden and home, so we didn't do any shopping and then on Saturday we were waiting in for the new cooker to be delivered. It is lovely and shiny and I don't want to use it in case it I spill anything :):)

Have a good day

Candlelightx
  • nmlc
    nmlc Posts: 4,788 Forumite
    Options
    Morning everyone

HH - thanks for starting us off

Hugs to those that want/need them x

Happy birthday to those with a birthday x

Now light, drying up underfoot after the rain yesterday evening. Light clouds looks like the sun may break through.

DH up and gone to work stupid early. DS1 now up and getting ready for work. DS2 still in his pit will wake him shortly so he can get ready for school.

Dinner last night was a cook from frozen chicken joint, roasties, carrots,l green beans, peas and mushrooms, yorkshires and gravy - I took some pork loin chops away with us but they didn't get eaten, so cooked them and the menfolk had 1 each with their chicken - it helped stretch the chicken as they are not really enough for all 4 of us, and it also meant they didn't get wasted/thrown away. I also took some fresh breaded chicken pieces that didn't get eaten either, so tonight's dinner is tortellini/ravoli in a sauce - so I'll cook the breaded chicken pieces and the menfolk can eat those with their pasta.

Back to work today, expecting another busy day - we'll see.

Had a lovely time away - it was really good to catch up with friends, although I just had a couple of nights' where I didn't sleep very well, the first night the downpours of rain banging on the caravan roof kept waking me up - and I had a nightmare too - not horrific but bad enough. Our friends told me that MrS was having a 25% off all clothing day on Saturday - so DS2 and myself went to the local one from where we were staying - it's a really big superstore that's not been open that long, and we managed to buy jeans for him, DH and myself and also a zip up hoody type jumper but without the hood (iyswim) - the cashier scanned everything through and then said the last discount was 0.25p - but she queried it and said we didn't have anything that would only give us that discount, she identified which item it was, the hoody, so cancelled it off and re-scanned, went through the till marked as a £1.00 therefore giving 0.25p discount - the hoody was labelled up at £14.00 - so she said we were to have it for the bargain price of 0.75p - bargain! DS2 loves it and says it's really comfortable - that has to be my bargain of the week!

Keep safe and well x

nmlc x
    WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB
  • Coxy11
    Coxy11 Posts: 4,876 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning everyone,

Torrential rain last night for a couple of hours but lovely blue sky this morning. I am off to the church this morning then an extra gym session this afternoon before SW weigh in tonight.

DD is making spaghetti bolognaise at school today (her least favourite meal, typical) but I doubt it will make it home in one piece after suffering the school coach journey. Will make cannelloni this afternoon.

Will put a wash on before I go to work and DH can peg out later. He cleaned the bathrooms while I was out on Saturday, and not much else to be done today. May start our holiday packing later (wedding clothes etc.)

Have a good day all,
    Coxy
    Cross-stitch WIP: Durene Jones Haberdashery Shop 365 1p challenge member No.6 Read 24 books in 2024 - currently reading Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn 12/24
  • redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all,

Nice bright day here again, yesterday was beautiful until late evening when it started to rain.

We had a really panicky moment yesterday we took mums older dog out for a walk with us, she was fine if a little puffed out but we kept stopping to let her rest, we only went about a mile as she could not manage it, but towards the end she started breathing really heavily and just could not get her breath, it was like she was having an asthma attack, OH had to carry her the last 1/2 mile and she is a heavy lump, we got her home where she was sick, but then started to slowly calm down, it took a good hour for her to get anywhere back to normal :( it was awful I thought she might not make it, have told mum not to walk her anywhere but up our road as my mum could never pick her up, she is a really unhealthy dog but is stil going at 15 !

Off to work for me, the weekends go by in a flash, dd is home and had a great time.

Dinner tonight will be chorizo whirl sausages served with rice and peas, a nice quick meal, last night we had salmon, jersey royals peas and asparagus, it was really tasty.

Right better get on have good days all xx
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,637 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Morning everyone,

Dry but cloudy here, am hoping for some sun.

Yesterday was lovely, picked Mum ( after detour for closed road) and off we went to niece's 18th tea party. There was around 25 of us so good job it was dry and we could spill out into the garden. My niece thoroughly enjoyed herself, got some lovely presents and really liked her suitcase which am relieved about. Fell off the BSD wagon as had buffet and birthday cake but back on today, on the eighth week and with nearly a stone and a half off am very pleased :)

Work today, my OH was going to go to Lancs for cricket but feels rough with blocked nose and sore throat etc so has decided not to go.

Have a good day everyone, take care folks x
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,033 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning everyone b

The sun has been streaming in since about 6am, it's glorious. I slept so well last night.

We had intermittent bursts of rain here yesterday but I managed to get the bedding dry, polish sections of the copper pot outside and potter in the garden a lot. I also did a bit of weed clearing in a small corner of the field outside which used to be a little garden area.

Today I'm off down to Glasgow later so need to finish off bits and bobs for that. I'll take the rubbish and recycling to the tip on the way out. There's books for Mum, a picture I had framed and some old papers she gave me to read - all to remember.

I hope everyone has a really good Monday.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning all

Blue skies here this morning. I'm still in bed but can see through a cracker in the blind.

Hubby and Youngest left for work in the early hours. Hubby never sleeps well on Sunday evening so kept me awake all night

The longer he's working away the more difficult these weekends get. He said something Saturday that left me in deep distress.. Not the fact he said it (nothing like a good dose of the truth slapped in your face) but it was the way he said it that hurt. He forgets, I'm not one of his workmates. I'm his wife!

The air con is going off this morning. The air is so dry I am expecting the wallpaper to start peeling off the walls.

Onwards and forwards

Have a great day all
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family