IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Car in compound

Options
My was towed away for illegal parking on 8th June I've told the to crush the car I'm waiting for a replacement logbook so I can go and sign a form to authorise it but it says the is a daily storage charge but the guy was insure if i have to pay it can anyone enlighten me on this thanks

Comments

• DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Not much to go on, but ... this sounds like a real Council parking fine situation. So get over to Pepipoo (don't try to register with a Hotmail address), create a post and include redacted scans of all paperwork relating to the case.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,341 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    jon577 wrote: »
    My was towed away for illegal parking on 8th June I've told the to crush the car I'm waiting for a replacement logbook so I can go and sign a form to authorise it but it says the is a daily storage charge but the guy was insure if i have to pay it can anyone enlighten me on this thanks

Police?

Council?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • jon577
    jon577 Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options
    Sorry it was the council it is in a council run compound
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,341 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Have you paid the PCN? Or appealed it?

Did you not realise that pretty much EVERY Council towaway is unsupported by laws and that on pepipoo forum, pretty much every single one is cancelled and refunded in full? But only if you appealed.

Councils have very little excuse to tow. Very tenuous.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure