Options

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,296 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Yah for the yellow ball :)
    One here today too :j
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Betterthanever
    Options
    And here! Except I'm stuck in an office all day.....
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    And here - have stuck some washing on the line as a result :)
    x
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I meant to take a trip to a local NT property today, as all my rellies are in Norfolk, but I've messed up with the bus timings to such out of the way places :o it will have to be tomorrow now.

So, post was opened, and there are 3 online payments to be made, plus some jiggery pokery between current account and savings accounts. That will mean that I really can then do an accurate assessment of the financial situation (except more probate cheques have come in. These are small, though, and even I can divide by 3 for the prospective amount :p).

I have a slight headache, so more food is an essential. Later on, I *might* even be organised enough to start practising SL's Yorkies
    :j
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • Karmacat
    Options
    Hmm, well, I overscheduled, as usual :) the 3 payments are done, at any rate: French taxes, French management company (which both need quite a lot of faffing around) and an ordinary credit card. A tranche of my own newly inherited money has been sent to the instant saver account - I'm doing it gradually so I don't get caught up in their ott fraud software again, I'll explode if I have to deal with that again.

Also got out in the garden, a full binbag of dead twigs that have been hanging around for ages - they now smell of cat pee :( so they're not going on my soil as a home made mulch, they're straight out.

Now I have my tv back, I may have become addicted to Ninja Warrior :o as well as old seasons of Bake Off.
    Save
  • Karmacat
    Options
    Morning :)

I had a proper sleep last night, blissful :)

I'm knocking the NT visit on the head, I want to do as much prep as I can for the arrival of stuff from my mum's house on Saturday.

MSE-wise, I *will* do the update on Net Worth, the last one was 1st July, and a lot has changed since then.
  • beanielou
    Options
    Oooh looking forward to the net worth update :grin:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• Karmacat
    Options
    Okay. Well, um, NW is good! A few forward pointers stand out:
    - I still need to be frugal, because there's no more income coming in from anywhere.
    - but I can most definitely have a life!
    - some focussed dfw work like a few surveys, and even a bit on sb if I get a new phone and can handle the phone methods of making free money, that will be fine.
    - most of the cash I was due to inherit is now in my accounts. And I never, ever included it in my own pension provisions, because I expected my mum to need it, to live to be older than her own mum, and she didn't.
    - the new Post Office Easy Saver is good, as are the two new Regular Savers, and the Ratesetter accounts, though the admin emails of the latter have some sort of difference this month - I think its as simple as a big early repayment from a borrower has meant more info coming to me. I'll check.
    - I definitely need to derisk the pensions - they're not 100% stocks and shares, there's some cash, and there's some funds, but I haven't been happy for ages with the balance, and I still haven't done anything. Bad Me!
    - French apartment - I originally valued it at £70k, I think thats probably optimistic, I've put it down to £35k. It might go for more, which would be very nice, and I'd certainly put it *on* for more.

So, my house is £300k, apartment is £35k, pension funds are £57k, house inheritance next year will be about £65k. Inherited dosh of £23k after expenses, and healthy chunks of cash and tax sheltered stocks and shares from my own savings. Blimey. Once you lift your nose up from the grindstone, sometimes life looks quite different!
  • beanielou
    Options
    Life looks different indeed :)
    Bitter sweet I think though?

• earthgirl
    earthgirl Posts: 3,762 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Great karma! I hate all the banking admin and fiddling.
    I did it the other week and found I had more than I thought. I haven't been as frugal since and need to get back on track.
    15/5/12 Paid off Mortgage 1 (£220k) Bought Dream House:www: Dec 13 - Mortage 2 -£116,508. 15/7/18 Mortgage Free Again :j

Progress not Perfection
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport