Alway's believe that something wonderful is about to happen!

Options

Comments

• chanie
    chanie Posts: 3,317 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    That sounds like a frugal day!!!!

Your pudding sounds lovely. It's not something I normally eat, but I may try it out, as we get bored of eating the same things.
  • Jonesy88
    Jonesy88 Posts: 959 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Just popped in to say what a lovely positive diary, love the title :)
    :rudolf: DF by Xmas 2018: #83 £8,250/£15,000 55% :rudolf:
    SPC 7: #135 :staradmin | MFW 9.72% | Groceries: £6.49/£80 | Exercise 0/20 | NSDs 0/15
  • brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Pavlova sounds yum..one of my favourites :)
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • DebtFree2012
    DebtFree2012 Posts: 3,573 Forumite
    Options
    You are sounding so positive and it is making my day. Well done on everything, especially keeping up with posting as sometimes it can be a chore, sometimes it helps keep us sane!
    Debt - CCV £3792
    CCB £1383 (took a hit for a holiday)

Loan 1 £1787
    Loan 2 £1683
    Total £8601 Was £39302
  • chanie
    Options
    Just popped in to say hello.
  • pennywisepoundstupid
    Options
    Hi Guys and thanks for posting.

Oh my its the weekend again, no idea where this week has gone.

Work has been incredible busy this week, but that's how I like it,nothing worse than days dragging.

Nothing major has happened money wise, spends have been £53 on groceries at ald1, £25 fuel or car and I put £10 on each of the kids lunch accounts on Thursday, we are taking packed lunches but the weather has got so cold that Iwanted the kids to have something warm for lunch, so they have been very good and taken fruit and HM cake from home and then bought soup at school.

Today DS is away playing rugby in Yorkshire somewhere, so I was up at the crack of dawn, making pack ups and hot drinks for DH and DS to take with them, they will be freezing when they get home. I've been busy tidying thehouse and filling log baskets, the temperature has really dropped and we are going trough a mountain of wood.
    I have a gammon joint cooking at the minute for tonights tea, we are having gammon slices, cheesy potatoes and broccoli, need to do some baking as there is not much choc brownie left and the boys will polish it off when they get home.

Cashed out on a survey site so waiting for £13 from them, this will going towards DD French trip, need to pay off another £100 by the end of this month, I have £65 put away and I'm waiting on a total of £38 from various site so It's covered.
    Sorry boring post, not much going on at the minute
    Mortgage Jan 2023 9yrs 11mths £61,389 Mortgage overpayment £1867/£3600 Mortgage Jan 2022 11yrs 6mths £69.996 Mortgage overpayment £3132/£3600
  • chanie
    Options
    You sound like you are making progress, particularly with the school trip.

You sound really organised with packed lunches and baking. When we go on day trips, I always l try and make a nice picnic to take to save a a couple of £££, but we still have an ice cream.

I think that not having anything to post is often a good sign as it means that nothing eventful had happened. It's always the eventful things that end up costing money!!!
  • pennywisepoundstupid
    Options
    chanie wrote: »
    You sound like you are making progress, particularly with the school trip.

You sound really organised with packed lunches and baking. When we go on day trips, I always l try and make a nice picnic to take to save a a couple of £££, but we still have an ice cream.

I think that not having anything to post is often a good sign as it means that nothing eventful had happened. It's always the eventful things that end up costing money!!!

Thanks I hope your right and everything remains quiet.

I do try to be organised, I do the same on trips out, take a picnic and then budget for an ice cream or coffee and cake in a tea shop.

£3.50 made on £bay and today has been a nsd.

Men are home, cold but have still gone out to play in the snow that's fallen this afternoon, i'm staying put in front of the fire.
    Mortgage Jan 2023 9yrs 11mths £61,389 Mortgage overpayment £1867/£3600 Mortgage Jan 2022 11yrs 6mths £69.996 Mortgage overpayment £3132/£3600
  • pennywisepoundstupid
    Options
    Afternoon all,

we have still got a little snow here, but the roads are icy. I hope it doesn't freeze too hard tonight as it will make getting to work a nightmare.

It' been a busy day so far, All the animals have been cleaned out and have taken DD out on her pony, have done several loads of washing still have a few to go and then need to get some Ironing done (mainly school uniform), I have a huge joint of pork roasting which should do several meals this week and have made the Yorkshire pud batter to go with it, whilst the oven is on I have made a lemon loaf cake and a coffee sandwich cake, also made a pan of soup using the gammon stock from yesterdays gammon joint.

Both children are currently on with homework, then they can pack their school bags and get everything ready for tomorrow.

To do list -
    Bring more wood in for baskets.
    Ice Cakes.
    Do potatoes and veggies.
    Ironing.
    Work bag and clothes.
    Check banking and see if anything is due to be paid.

Hope everyone is ok and not too cold.
  • pennywisepoundstupid
    Options
    Evening all.

It's been a heavy day at work today and I feel exhausted, thnk an early night is needed.

Did a recky of cupboards and fridge we seem to have loads of bits that need using up, so I've done a meal plan for the next few days and will just do a top up shop on Wednesday instead of a big shop and then do another shop at the weekend, hopefully this way things that need using up will get used up and not forgotten abot and chucked.

Meal plan -

Tue - Spanish omelette + salad.
    Wed - cottage pie and peas.
    Thur - Pasta bake + Garlic bread/salad
    Fri - Jkt cheese + beans.

Have packed lunch things but will need some more fruit, also have some sausage meat and puff pastry so couls make sausage rolls for pack ups.

Checked banking this morning,couple of DD gone out, spent £20 on fuel today as well.

Not much else going on, hope everyone is ok.x.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure