The Giving Up/ Cutting Down alcohol support thread - number 13

Options

Comments

• AlexLK
    AlexLK Posts: 6,125 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Mrs. K. has helped keep me on track thus far. :)
    2018 totals:
    Savings £11,200
    Mortgage Overpayments £5,500
  • debjay
    debjay Posts: 2,090 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    You have to really think about it though don't you. 'I have to cut down' doesn't just hit you. It's a mixture of seeing the bottle(s) in the recycling midweek, thinking it's been a tough day on a Tuesday, let's have a little something, the weekend beginning on a Thursday, etc, that makes you think hang on, I've woken up with a dry mouth again, don't want to get up and when you (I) stir from the pit a puffy face looks back from the bathroom mirror. Shifts must make it double hard to keep a handle on.

Like you, I'm no looking become teetotal. Just call a halt. To something before it gets out of hand. if drinking doesn't fit with the plan, make it AF, not rearrange the drinking. I like that one debjay, mind if I nick it.;)

If it keeps us on the str8 and narrow I'm using all the hints and tips mentioned here.
  • scotdebs
    scotdebs Posts: 566 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Shaggy - can i join (again :o) not going to set a target but just see how i go this month AF of 3 to declare so far..am especially pleased as its been 3 consecutive nights and if I manage to stay AF tomorrow then that will be the first run of 4 AF nights in over 18 months:eek:
    CC debt Aug 2018 £50.2K
    CC debt Nov 2018 £48.6K
  • judi24
    judi24 Posts: 2,272 Forumite
    edited 8 January 2014 at 10:57PM
    Options
    Good day today - not very productive work wise but feeling a bit better in myself - Went to the gym tonight to keep myself busy. I am going to fat club tomorrow so really wanted to have cheese and crackers for dinner but I would always have wine with that - decided to finely slice an apple with it and have it with juice intead. it was very nice and didn't really miss the wine!

So doing ok at 8/31 afds - i have been invited to a friends tomorrow for take away and wine!!! not sure whether to make an excuse and not go, go and not drink or pay the fine for CRUK and have a few glasses of wine!!! I know what the right choice is but I also know what I would like to do!!!! Dilemmas dilemmas
  • mummy2threeboys
    Options
    Lovely new thread declaring 2 af shaggy thanks
    Feel pleased, hubby has decided to cut down :D , today because our funds seem a bit brighter, we have enough money in our budget to take the boys to the cinema on the matinee prices..way better than spending that £5 on a bottle of booze, that will leave us tired! Loads of love to all..hope tommorrows good weather..nasty here again xx
    Compers challenge 27/70
    £1805/2018
  • rachelww1
    rachelww1 Posts: 680 Forumite
    Options
    Plans changed here as our friend is now coming tomorrow night instead. Did have a slight wobble at about 7pm then decided the weather was too lousy to go out, and no-one would be out tonight anyway. So have stayed AF tonight making 4/10. Just having a reduced calorie hot chocolate before bed.
    LBM Dec 10. Total unsecured debt £41176 :eek: Nov 12 Debt Free Thanks Mum x RIP x

2013 Savings £250
    2013 OP £3500
  • AlexLK
    AlexLK Posts: 6,125 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    You aren't the only one replacing alcohol for hot chocolate. :o
    2018 totals:
    Savings £11,200
    Mortgage Overpayments £5,500
  • jo1972
    jo1972 Posts: 8,901 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all :)

7 for me thanks Shaggy :D

Gotta run, woke up late :eek:

Xxx
    DFW Nerd no. 496 - Proud to be dealing with my debts!!
  • jo1972
    jo1972 Posts: 8,901 Forumite
    Options
    Oh, good luck today 365, I'm thinking of you xxx
    DFW Nerd no. 496 - Proud to be dealing with my debts!!
  • Wanna_Bee_Free
    Options
    jo1972 wrote: »
    Oh, good luck today 365, I'm thinking of you xxx

Good luck today from me too 365. Alex, well done on the hot chocky at least that's 1 fewer!

Hey Scotdebs - good luck with January and glad to see you back - apart from why of course!

3/14 for me please Shaggy and thanks for the new thread. I thought it was good to hear you are back in the zone.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure