The Compers Inn (part 47)

Options

Comments

• zeezee33
    zeezee33 Posts: 193 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thanks for the the welcome sylvia, it's very much appreciated.
    Thank you fire**fly and AlfieBlue. I hope your cat stops ignoring you today aha, I've got a move coming up within the next week so I susect my cat will treat me the same after her time in the catbox.
    The sun is shining here today (spring's finally arrived).
    After the horrific news yesterday, it really does make you think twice before entering the holiday competitions.
    Sheils6, I am glad you are having a good time.
    I am glad that your family are Ok and nowhere near westminster yesterday leahfun.
    I hope it doesn't rain for you today rose and fire**fly.
    I wish everyone a lucky and pleasant day
  • lomaxsylvia
    lomaxsylvia Posts: 5,883 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just found a WEM from Country Living (have thanked poster) for a Seren Multi-use toaster £70. Its a side toaster and does lots of things so looking forward to it arriving. The Company have emailed asking what colour I would like.

You are welcome zeezee and good luck with the move. Don't forget to change all the address for the comps you are doing when you start up again. If you do the dailies its a nightmare sorting them all out but no doubt thats the least of your worries at the moment. Hope all goes well.

OH's DD is spending the weekend in London sight seeing etc so alls OK.

Watched the news for about an hour last night and its very tragic. Alfie is right our thoughts and prayers are with all involved.

Have a lovely evening everyone.
    BIG THANKS TO ALL WHO POST THE COMPETITIONS
  • fire**fly
    fire**fly Posts: 147,842 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    wow, great win sylv :j well done :j
    please be a responsible pet owner & spay/neuter your pets, too many strays & not enough homes for them sadly. k2u58ioz4c8e.png

• lomaxsylvia
    Options
    Thanks firefly, looks interesting.
  • fire**fly
    Options
    think it looks great sylv :dance:
    seems to have lots of multi uses & says you can reheat
    pizza's as well :D it's a brill win :j
    thanks for your kind words earlier re mags :A
    it is good to know us mag ops are appreciated
    & I for one appreciate the feedback :A

thanks zeezee33,
    turned out a lovely sunny day with no rain for us today
    so that was good :dance:
    hope you had a lovely day too x
    hope your cat will be ok moving into new place,
    is he/she an indoor or outdoor cat?

lol Alfie @ puddy :D
    am sure they love making us feel guilty by ignoring us
    when we take them out their comfort zone hope
    she's ok now chat02.gif
    please be a responsible pet owner & spay/neuter your pets, too many strays & not enough homes for them sadly. k2u58ioz4c8e.png

• zeezee33
    Options
    Thanks for the advice Sylvia and well done on your win(it looks lovely), I won a personalised dog coat today myself (I posted in the I won thread already), just need something for my feline friend now to make it even aha. I've known about the move for a while so any comps ending after the moving date I've put my new address for good measure, again thank you for the advice.

That's good news about the weather fire**fly and thank you I did, my win earlier re-energised me for a day spent comping. I hope she will be okay with the move too, I know she will readjust with time, I just hope it's not too confusing for her before then. She's an indoor cat - my age and location make it hard to afford somewhere with a garden unfortunately, but she is a lovely cat and spends most of her time playing and cuddling with me and my fiance(when she's not eating or sleeping), I'd like to think she isn't bored bless her. Just to let you know as well, that the Mag Op's most definitely are appeciated
  • lomaxsylvia
    Options
    Sounds like you are well organised zeezee with your move. It wasn't as easy for as we moved down from Durham to a Housing Association over 50's flat nearer family in Yorkshire and didn't know the address until just before the move happened which made it more difficult. I am sure you cat will adjust quickly being a house cat as you won't have to worry about a different location. We thought our Yorkie, Lottie, would be a pain moving but when we arrived the family got there to wait for the removal van and when we got down here all the furniture was already placed and the GD had even unpacked a box of ornaments and there were flowers in the window too, so Lottie settled right in.

I don't think I am alone being grateful for all posters firefly especially the daily mags, weekly and monthly mags along also with all posters you are :A:A:A:A

Hope you are all having a lovely evening.
  • fire**fly
    Options
    saw your win in IWIW zeezee33, it's a lovely win :j
    your cat sounds lovely :A
    I have an indoor rescue cat who can't go out as she
    has very poor eyesight with cataracts & is getting on in age
    & spends her time cuddling/eating/sleeping just like yours,
    I don't think they get bored as like you say they get plenty of attention & loving/cuddling/playtime ilovemycat.gif
    don't know if you've seen the LOL cats thread in the arms
    but it's very popular & makes a great viewing mini-graphics-cats-724956.gif
    linky here if you ever want to go have a look
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=72299845#post72299845

• zeezee33
    Options
    Thank you Sylvia, although I can't take the credit, I knew about the move before I started comping, it would have been so much more confusing for me the other way around. I can imagine that being a pain, not even knowing the address. I'm glad Lottie settled in so quickly and that was incredibly helpful of your family. I'll be sure to unpack some familiar bits before letting my cat and dog settle in(I have a feeling it'll be a bit harder for my cat as she is a rescue and has already had to readjust to new owners and a new home already).

Thanks fire**fly and thanks again for helping to find the OP, I prefer to thank the OP personally after they went through the effort of sharing the comp with the forum. Oh bless, poor thing but at least she has more time for cuddling. I do think the attention does keep them stimulated enough for them to be content. Thank you for sharing, I will definitely have a look, I always have time for cats and as my health conditions have crept up on me in the last year, I find I have more time on my hands than I know what to do with most of the time, so it's appreciated thank you.

I hope everyone has had a good day and evening
  • rosemac
    rosemac Posts: 6,576 Forumite
    Options
    Morning everyone. Already been out this morning. Had to nip up to cashline. It is freezing. Pavements have already been gritted. Thank goodness they use that white grit here and not the brown stuff. Was forever cleaning kitchen floor and carpet in hall at front door when DS was younger as he would never wipe his feet when coming in and would leave his footprints of brown grit everywhere. ZeeZee wellcome to the Inn and good luck with your house move. Hope it does not get too stressfull for you. Hope everyone is well this morning and colds and coughs are all clearing. Good luck for today with comps. Going to do some before I head out this morning for a while.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure