Options

Comments

• legoman62
    legoman62 Posts: 4,549 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Andy_WSM wrote: »
    1.75 O's (6.87 kWh)

A good morning, followed by a poor afternoon.

Reverse here. 1.4 O's today....almost all of it made this afternoon:)
    16 Sanyo Hit 250s.4kWp SMA 3.8kWp inverter. SW roof. 28° pitch. Minimal shade. Nov 2011 install. Hybrid car. Ripple Kirk Hill. N.E Lincs Coast.
  • Oscargrouch
    Oscargrouch Posts: 4,393 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    EricMears wrote: »
    Er No, NOT all of us agree that comparing one factor out of a possible 4 is any use at all.

Er, anyway O's for me........1.24 of the little blighters.....20% above PVGIS this month so far....smiley-laughing021.gif....coffee.gif
    2.5 kWp PV system, SSW facing, 45 Deg Roof. ABB Inverter, Monitor: 'Wattson'.
    Reg. for FIT Nov 2011. "It's not what you generate; it's how you use it that matters". One very clean Vauxhall Diesel Sri, £30.00 Road Tax: B)

Definition of 'O's = kWh/kWp (kWh = your daily & accurate Generation figure) (kWp = the rated output of your PV Panels).
  • 1961Nick
    1961Nick Posts: 2,074 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 30 January 2015 at 7:00PM
    Options
    A decent day in Lincolnshire....

1.53 O's
    4kWp (black/black) - Sofar Inverter - SSE(141°) - 30° pitch - North Lincs
    Installed June 2013 - PVGIS = 3400
    Sofar ME3000SP Inverter & 5 x Pylontech US2000B Plus & 3 x US2000C Batteries - 19.2kWh
  • Merlin139
    Merlin139 Posts: 6,859 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    1961Nick wrote: »
    Cruel!:rotfl:

Whatever the reason your system seems to be a clear winner at this time of year. That's quite a result being so northerly & with some shading.

What are these 'optimizers' you have fitted?

Check out this page: http://www.solaredge.com/groups/powerbox-power-optimizer
    3.795 kWp Solar PV System. Capital of the Wolds

• Merlin139
    Options
    With the numbers he's posting I'm guessing the optimizers are a bank of floodlights plugged in to next doors electricity supply! :beer:
    I'm with Andy on this one. Clearly, there's something odd going on there.:)

See above post.

I thought it made more sense to go with a system that had each panel work on its own because of the shading that I get from the house next door when the sun goes towards the east. In the summer months this effects me from around 16:30. It was more expensive than a system without them.

• Merlin139
    Options
    Well it was a superb day in Driffield today! Sun Sun & more Sun!

2nd best day of the year. Came in today @ 2.96 O's (11.76Kwh)

• countryman_2
    Options
    My best day of the whole Winter I reckon 1.93 O's today :T

A sunny day in Lincolnshire indeed :)
    4kw PV fitted 4th July 2014 (Green Energy NW £5600). WSW facing, 30 deg Pitch, Unshaded, Samil Solar River inverter, 16 Solar World Mono panels, Iboost on Immersion Heater. located in mid Lincolnshire.
  • Sterlingtimes
    Options
    1.75 O's (6.87 kWh)

A good morning, followed by a poor afternoon.

A poor morning, followed by a good afternoon.
    I have osteoarthritis in my hands so I speak my messages into a microphone using Dragon. Some people make "typos" but I often make "speakos".
  • tunnel
    tunnel Posts: 2,588 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Merlin139 wrote: »
    Well it was a superb day in Driffield today! Sun Sun & more Sun!

2nd best day of the year. Came in today @ 2.96 O's (11.76Kwh)
    My SSW got close today with 2.73 O's. Not bad to say the snow didn't slide off the panels till around 10.30am

As for the other 2 systems.....er.....zilch on ESE again and....er....zilch on WNWsmiley-angry016.gif
    2 kWp SEbE , 2kWp SSW & 2.5kWp NWbW.....in sunny North Derbyshire17.7kWh Givenergy battery added(for the power hungry kids)
  • Martyn1981
    Martyn1981 Posts: 14,764 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Merlin139 wrote: »
    I thought it made more sense to go with a system that had each panel work on its own because of the shading that I get from the house next door when the sun goes towards the east. In the summer months this effects me from around 16:30. It was more expensive than a system without them.

I did the same on my WNW system as it gets more shade, and one of the panels is jammed right up and behind a chimney which is to the south of the array.

Obviously my WNW can't compare against my ESE directly, but comparing against PVGIS monthly targets, the WNW SolarEdge system almost always outperforms the ESE.

However, this month is very, very different with the overall average predicting 113% for January, but the split breakdown is 101% WNW v's 117% ESE. Until the last few days, it was noticeable here that the morning weather was better than the afternoon, with rain often arriving around 2pm each day.

Still, best day of the month yesterday with 1.344 Os. And a nice day forecast to close the month off.

Mart.
    Mart. Cardiff. 5.58 kWp PV systems (3.58 ESE & 2.0 WNW). Two A2A units for cleaner heating.

For general PV advice please see the PV FAQ thread on the Green & Ethical Board.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback