IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Contractual parking charge final notice g24

Options

Comments

• beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Rob83 wrote: »
    Hey
    Hope you all well
    Just received letter from GLADSTONES Soliciters asking me to pay £160 fine within 14 days should I worry about it ? They mention court proceedings, looks serious don't know what to do any advice ?

might appear to be gladstones but who does it say to pay

DRP Maybe?

Nothing to worry about and DO NOT PAY
  • Rob83
    Rob83 Posts: 8 Forumite
    Options
    Hey beamerguy
    They asking me to contact Debt recovery plus limited and arrange payment or pay online .
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hey beamerguy
    They asking me to contact Debt recovery plus limited and arrange payment or pay online .

Then it's a scam letter, a letterhead being pimped out for DRP to
    pretend to be Gladstones.

DO NOT CONTACT DRP AND DO NOT PAY

Personally, I would make an appointment to see your local Trading Standards and show them this letter

Not only is it very misleading but it is menacing, it's a method to extort money from you

Real solicitors would never pimp out their letterhead, thus showing you that Gladstones is not an ethical company and should never be part of the SRA, LET ALONE RUN AN ATA
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,136 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Hey beamerguy
    Same as all the other cases where people get this letter. Load of trash, a debt collector letter, in fact.

What happened when you insisted on the retailer Store Manager cancelling this one ages ago?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Rob83
    Options
    Thank you for the advice and help for someone who has no idea this can be scary not surprised that people pay this fines it all looks legit .
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    You really need to get retailer cancellation to quash this and avoid any court threat hanging over you for years.
  • Rob83
    Options
    C-m there was no discution there just one simple answer from store manager...... There in nothing I can do .
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    Try the site Managing Agents, the overall people who run the retail park (Google it and find them).
  • Rob83
    Options
    I think I will try again with retailer I can't afford really to pay £160 and court proceedings sound even more expensive . Will keep you posted .
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,410 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I think I will try again with retailer I can't afford really to pay £160 and court proceedings sound even more expensive . Will keep you posted .
    So do you think you're going to be G24's first ever court case?

http://www.bmpa.eu/companydata/G24.html

Cojones, my friend, cojones. :)
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport