Converting a van into electric

Options
13»

Comments

• digitaly
    digitaly Posts: 43 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    And to be honest ? if you can get this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1vPrHr8Itw for $200.000 very soon what is the future of motoring soon? :-)
  • Strider590
    Strider590 Posts: 11,874 Forumite
    Options
    digitaly wrote: »
    I aslo converted a little smart fortwo into LPG (not really impressed on saving) and now I'm converting a 400cc motorbike into LPG by fitting a gas tank inside the actual petrol tank (stealt installation) :-)

See that's where you went wrong.........

Should have converted a Smart car to a 1300cc Suzuki Hayabusa :cool:
    “I may not agree with you, but I will defend to the death your right to make an a** of yourself.”

<><><><><><><><><<><><><><><><><><><><><><> Don't forget to like and subscribe \/ \/ \/
  • forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 32,552 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    And to be honest ? if you can get this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1vPrHr8Itw for $200.000 very soon what is the future of motoring soon? :-)

Thats funny.. "Inventors insist it will also fly one day."

It will fly tomorrow with a bit of thought and some planning. It will only fly the once though. Drop it from a great height = flying or "falling with style"?

:)
    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

• Andy_L
    Andy_L Posts: 12,796 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Prius + caravan = <£35k
  • EdGasket
    EdGasket Posts: 3,503 Forumite
    Options
    Would anyone insure it for a sensible premium?
  • AdrianC
    AdrianC Posts: 42,189 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Andy_L wrote: »
    Prius + caravan = <£35k
    You won't tow much of a caravan with a Pious. The towing limit is VERY low.
  • BeenThroughItAll
    Options
    now I'm converting a 400cc motorbike into LPG by fitting a gas tank inside the actual petrol tank (stealt installation) :-)

I call BS on that.

Finding a tank small enough to fit, with multivalve and pipework, inside the petrol tank of a 400 is in itself a challenge. The tank will only fill to 80% capacity, rendering it even smaller. Then how will you make the shutoff solenoid work safely inside a petrol tank?

To install an LPG system safely and legally, I don't for one moment believe you'll be putting a tank inside the petrol tank, unless you're going to do some kind of bodge which will render the bike outside C&U regs and hence illegal to use, not to mention uninsurable.

Of course, if you have some pictures of your progress on this project, I'd be glad to be re-educated.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure