PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 2nd December 2012

Options

Comments

• toochoosey
    toochoosey Posts: 7,370 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Daily routines
    washing, W T F S S
    swish and swipe kitchen W T F S S
    bathroom, T W T F S S
    ironing, W T F S S
    making beds, W T F S S
    vacuuming high traffic areas, T W T F S S
    making meals T W T F S S

Night-time routines
    preparing clothes for the next day, W T F S S
    making lunches, T W T F S S
    swish & swipes of the kitchen T W T F S S
    tidying the living room T W T F S S

Monday - living room, hallway, stairs
    Level Two

Vacuum the stairs

Extras
    Get yours overseas cards in the post last dates are this week
    International Airmail
    Monday 10 December Canada, Eastern Europe and USA
    Wednesday 12 December Western Europe

Write some cards, buy any remaining 'special family ones' before the shops sell out

Tuesday - Kitchen and Dining Room
    Level One

Declutter and mop/vacuum the floors
    Level Two
    Sort the cupboard under the sink
    Level Three
    Wipe the table, including the legs
    Sort through tea towels, table cloths etc and find the Chirstmas ones

Extras
    Right a list to stock up on Washing powder/liquid, pet food, kitchen roll, foil etc to see you through into the new year

Going to carry on for a bit before getting ready for work and DD's concert this afternoon.............
  • mineallmine
    mineallmine Posts: 3,053 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    cycling yorkie - why don't you ring up the local radio station or local paper? If you have some stats about the numbers of times it floods, is it designated as flood plain by the Environment Agency. That sort of thing. The sad thing is if they continue to build on flood plains, they inevitably flood and all people who pay for home insurance will ending up paying with larger quotes. And where's the developers? Skipping off into the sunset away from the flood plains. It's immoral. Rant over!

Very successful blitz in the kitchen. Cleaned all but one surface and the sink. The sink is full of washing up from bits I'd picked up. So next DW (or two) will sort it out.
    Found a different way to store utensils. I had 2 jars but everything kept tipping out and generally getting in the way. They now fit in a drawer which I lined with pages from a magazine.
    Haven't done the floor. May get hubby to do that as I'm shattered now.:o

I forgot how good flylady is as a system. I'm hoping that although it feels like climbing Mount Everest this week that it will get better each week.
    :A
    :) Declutter 300 things in December challenge, 9/300. Clear the living room. Re-organize storage
    :cool2: Cherryprint: "More stuff = more stuff to tidy up!"
    Less things. Less stuff. More life.
    :heart: Fab thread: Long daily walks
  • bonnie_bumpkins
    Options
    bossymoo wrote: »
    Busty day ahead
    Eh? Are you sat there in a push 'em up & out brassiere, a low cut top and a defiant look? Naughty bossy ;)
    .....Time for a quick cuppa then get the day started properly :)
    :eek: Good lord woman you've done a good few day's work already!!

Big hugs to mumto5, my heart goes out to you :smileyhea I think dusty's suggestion of a time limit before help is excellent.

Good to hear the poorly young woman is recovering dancemum, I hope she is home soon xx

Monday - living room, hallway, stairs
    Clear the floor of clutter STILL WORKING ON THE HALL :o
    Vacuum the stairs and hallway and living room
    Wash the windows
    Wipe the paintwork in the hallway and up the stairs

Tuesday - Kitchen and Dining Room
    Level One

Declutter and mop/vacuum the floors
    Find and wipe the worksurfaces
    Level Two
    Wipe the big appliances and units.. don't forget kickboards!
    [STRIKE]Clean WM and DW filters and top up rinse aid/salt[/STRIKE]DONE AT THE WEEKEND
    Sort the cupboard under the sink
    Level Three
    Wipe the table, including the legs
    [STRIKE]Sort through tea towels, table cloths etc and find the Chirstmas ones[/STRIKE]:rotfl: :)
    Extras
    [STRIKE]Right a list to stock up on Washing powder/liquid, pet food, kitchen roll, foil etc to see you through into the new year[/STRIKE]

More coffee then back to the clutter in the hall...
    *If you have nothing nice to say... say nothing*
    "Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that." Martin Luther King Jr
  • Bad morning here at TMD HQ. The children are back in school, but me and OH have had to call in sick with sickness and diarrhea - I can't even keep liquid down. Now the phone has rang and School are asking us to come and collect DS as he's not well too.

Won't be doing anything today I'm afraid, but the kitchen was done sunday and yesterday so not too bad. Was really looking forward to getting under the kitchen sink too - it is a very neglected place.
    Decluttering junk and debt in 2016
    Debts - Vanquis £3500 1/1/16; DFD - when I'm dead with £100,000,000+ interest :eek: UPDATED Feb 2016 £2739.80; DFD June 2016 :j
    Next - £1500 1/1/16 DFD about 10 years time. UPDATED Feb 2016 £1371.16; DFD July 2016 :j
    THE GOAL IS TO HAVE NO DEBT BY THE END OF 2016
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi all

Not a very auspicious start today:cool: – although I have decluttered several doses of Oramorph already, the first at 03:00, which I had no choice but to wake Mr LW to pour for me as my paws can't be trusted til I've coaxed them into a semblance of working order.:( Bless him, he didn't whinge at being disturbed.:A

Ooh, very best of luck to Master Valli for his driving test.*would cross fingers, but this isn't viable with wrist splints on*

Skinty re pans – I bought a nice milk saucepan and small frying pan in J0hn L3wis, from their Value range, a while back; I have NO connection to the shop, but I've found these to be very good and thought the info might be of use to you.:o Here's a link: http://www.johnlewis.com/35560/Product.aspx
    I have the 14cm milkpan and the 20cm frypan, both are in constant use.;)
    Honeybear - do you let out a room in your home? I'm thinking about this but we only have one bathroom upstairs and didn't know if that is a big put off for some people. Sorry for being nosey :)
    Fwiw, my mother used to let out both her spare bedrooms, and there was only one bathroom in the house. This was 20 years ago though, so times may have changed regarding what facilities are expected.:o
    mummyyof5 wrote: »
    Just need to get OH to dismantle TV ,Wii ,freesat and PS3 on Sat morning so I can clean under and behind TV table...darent do this as Id never get them working again and hes in Sidmouth till Friday lol..
    You know, it's a shame I'm not near you; I'm something of a wizz with connecting up this type of equipment, and even if my paws wouldn't physically manage it, I could have talked you through it.:o

At this point I think we need a general pile of GWS vibes, as we have so many succumbing to pox, virus and other illnesses.:o

*Doorbell goes - Wolfy establishes via the intercom that it's the postie and takes time out to answer door*.......

Ooh - excitement; Postie's just been, and I'm now the proud owner of 2 bottles of Elbow Grease.:T My life is just so exciting!!!!:rotfl:
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • Dustykitten
    Dustykitten Posts: 16,503 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    LW gentle hugs for you.

School have rang to say no sewing this afternoon so I have a few hours back. It is tempting to go and do some bits in the garden as the sun is out but instead I am going to get the ROD in some sort of order.
    The birds of sadness may fly overhead but don't let them nest in your hair
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,081 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    MineAllMine: Yes. We let two rooms, one big one with a superking bed in it, but it's cold and a smaller cosier double room. Generally we only have two people staying and they share a shower room, which we don't use. I bought the house (before I met OH) specifically to provide accommodation to a particular group of people because I'd done a lot of travelling and I knew what those particular people would want. We've now got a second client group and they fit in equally well and compliment the original guests. The most important thing about sharing your house (and bathroom which is fine as long as they know beforehand) is that you have to decide what aspects of the sharing matter most to you. For us it's

1. Don't let the cat out.
    2. I prefer to have the kitchen to myself when I'm cooking - when I'm not in there you can use it anytime during the day or night.

By and large we really, really enjoy the company of the people we meet doing this, but very occasionally we come across someone that drives us nuts - three in 19 years which is an acceptable ratio! Our guests stay anything from a week to six months, and are all working on projects that really interest them while they're here. (I don't want to go into any more detail about that, other than to say that they are here because they are working.)

We also let a two bedroom holiday chalet in the summer, but that is a completely different client group again. I have had 11 towels in 24 hours from that! The washing is becoming a bit of an obsession with me.

Mummy of 5 I take photographs of connections before I dismantle anything, and keep the digital camera images to hand when I'm reconnecting. I like Jazee's idea, but I can't always rely on the colour coding stickers to stay put on mine, so the photos are my backup.

BossyMoo I do love your posts. You made ma laugh out loud twice this morning when I felt really stressed, so thank you.

Valli: Good luck to the DS (if it isn't too late).

Thanks for the GWS vibes for Dog Mrs MortenHarket- she's tired, but improving very slowly. We're off to the vet this afternoon for her follow up check and I think all will be okay. She's not doing too badly for 15 years and 11 months, all things considered.

I've got a mountain of stuff to do today, although I've already been to the launderette and dealt with the two bathsheets, so at least they won't be stinking the place up.

I can see a rainbow from my office window! Lovely.
    Better is good enough.
  • The_Dragon
    The_Dragon Posts: 9,749 Forumite
    Options
    As today was the kitchen (which I can't really do anything in) I have spent the morning doing stuff I have been putting off (phone calls and writing envelopes, the 1st because I get very, VERY antsy and the 2nd 'cos it HURTS :mad:), but they are done now (yay!) and I plan on treating myself with a nice scented candle and some crochet :D
    Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for thou art crunchy and good with catsup :D
    NSD 15/20, OS WL 21-6 (4) :(C.R.A.P R.O.L.L.Z #44 Twisted Firestarter, VSP #57 - £39.43
    :p Every Penny's a Prisoner :p
  • bonnie_bumpkins
    Options
    I have eaten a HUGE frog :T
    *If you have nothing nice to say... say nothing*
    "Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that." Martin Luther King Jr
  • Narc0lepsy
    Narc0lepsy Posts: 2,665 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Thank it was a cyst which has been drained and all is good. Best wishes to your friends on their journeys back to good health..

That's a relief. Lunch cancelled as friend didn't have a good night - not surprising really - and has decided against going out for lunch in case she meets any germs before her op.

So......leaves me with an unexpectedly free afternoon which hopefully I can put to good use rather than just sitting reading this!! Did manage Matalan on the way home as I had a voucher, and decided on whole new crockery set (on offer) as stuff I've got is mismatched and chipped. So if nothing else this afternoon I can get rid of the chipped stuff and put anything unchipped in the charity box.

Need to fly - but heck, another coffee first surely!! And gloating as another lb down; 5lb to go towards Christmas target weight.......
    Remember...a layer of dust protects the wood beneath it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure