Mystery shopping thread 26 *please read the op first**please no client names or fees

Options

Comments

• Tolteca87
    Tolteca87 Posts: 1,394 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    If you look in Payments, you will see the payment due on the 10th is now showing as 'Payment'. It will not hit your bank account today as it will take a couple of working days for the banking system to process. Someone will often say when it shows in the bank and that is when it is spendable.
    The payment now showing for the 25th are the jobs done from the begining of the month. If you click on Payment on the MF screen it is all very clear.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    GAP are obscure with their premium payments!

I get the feeling they aren't putting my local (which has been sat there for a while) on a premium because they think I'll do it for minimum fee. Ones in big towns nearby (but too far for me to travel and make it worthwhile) are on a premium of 150% of the fee + fee + reimbursement!!!
  • scrams
    scrams Posts: 17 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Tolteca87 wrote: »
    If you look in Payments, you will see the payment due on the 10th is now showing as 'Payment'. It will not hit your bank account today as it will take a couple of working days for the banking system to process. Someone will often say when it shows in the bank and that is when it is spendable.
    The payment now showing for the 25th are the jobs done from the begining of the month. If you click on Payment on the MF screen it is all very clear.

No, I mean the total that was showing as paying on the 10th of July had actually moved ('carried forward') into the due payment for 25th July. I was waiting for payment for jobs completed on 16th/17th of June..anyway it's actually rectified itself when I looked again this morning. I've never had it do that before. Anyway, all is well :)
  • missymouse
    missymouse Posts: 755 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I agree, it looks to much like hard work plus you have to pay to go into London on most of them I think
  • missymouse
    Options
    I have received a tax letter but I was hoping they would send a paper form. Could I still request one or do most of you do it online.

Do you have to complete it all in one go and do you use an accountant to check it first time?
  • weeg
    weeg Posts: 1,059 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    missymouse wrote: »
    I have received a tax letter but I was hoping they would send a paper form. Could I still request one or do most of you do it online.

Do you have to complete it all in one go and do you use an accountant to check it first time?

Much easier to do it online - not least because that way you can't make a mistake with the adding up. I have no idea why you'd want to do it on paper instead.

You don't need to do it all in one go. I've never used an accountant, but I'm good with numbers.
  • missymouse
    Options
    so you are able to save it as you go along? I am keeping a spreadsheet.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Do you mean fill details in as you go through the year? Or as you go through the tax return?

You can't do it through the year (or even if you can, it wouldn't be the best method) - so still keep a spreadsheet.

Once you have the figures finalised (i.e. post April 6th) you can complete the return in stages though.
  • TractorGirl327
    TractorGirl327 Posts: 4,077 Forumite
    Options
    Nebulous2 wrote: »
    I've just had a really amusing one. Picked up a social media assignment for a very modest fee, and it turned into a real hassle.

I landed up having to phone the company and went on a tour of different advisors before my query was resolved. The person on the other end asked if I was on a landline and I said no a mobile. He then said because this has taken a while I'll credit your account to cover the cost of your phonecall.

The credited amount was ten times the amount of the original fee!

Some you win......

I don't understand why you needed to phone them? The job just asks you to to post a question on FB or Twitter and see what the response was. "Was your query answered, yes or no" and if so was it answered, yes or no. No need for further phone calls or anything!
    We’ve had to remove your signature. Please check the Forum Rules if you’re unsure why it’s been removed and, if still unsure, email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
  • Larac
    Larac Posts: 945 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I don't understand why you needed to phone them? The job just asks you to to post a question on FB or Twitter and see what the response was. "Was your query answered, yes or no" and if so was it answered, yes or no. No need for further phone calls or anything!

Agree - since these jobs are paying Jack Sh*T I will try to take the quickest and most convenient way to get an answer. I got a set of instructions which clearly had not been researched by GFK which asked you to send an email. The options you ended up with were a web chat or a phone call (I was supposed to send an email) When I queried it with them, they told me to take the most obvious path. These are quick and 'dirty' jobs and personally they dont justify printing out pages of briefs or questionaires as the fee simply does
    not justify it. An infill at best which saves you leaving the house but not one to waste too much effort in IMHO.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback