Student loans and pensions

Options

Comments

• robdogg11
    robdogg11 Posts: 43 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    PDUK finally got back to the adjudicator. They didn't fully agree with the decision but its close enough so I have accepted to save waiting in the queue for an ombudsman.
  • silolz0rz
    silolz0rz Posts: 19 Forumite
    Options
    Just posting an update:

Wonga = Financial Ombudsman 20/04/2017 (Wonga offered £666- declined)
    QQ = Financial Ombudsman 20/04/2017 (QQ declined my redress)
    CashGenie = (settled for £447 written off and mark off credit file)
    Safetynet: £561 = Financial Ombudsman
    CASHASAP = Settled for £90, was in my bank in about 20 minutes.
    Debt Free (08/05/2017)
    QQ declined my offer, FOS now said QQ has offered £538
    WONGA result from FOS in a few days.
  • tibawo
    tibawo Posts: 1,189 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    i keep watching how people are going. still waiting for ongoing argument re the 6 years cut off with QQ and adjudicator to be settled.
    Go get it!
  • List_Maker
    List_Maker Posts: 68 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    I have received redress from Wonga, PDUK, PDE and QQ. Just got the biggie of LS sat waiting for an ombudsman after they disagreed with the adjudicator.

I know some people are only just starting their journey but don't give up. The amounts I have received and hopefully will be will be more than what I paid back on my DMP. My 100+ entires on my credit file has now gone down to about 40, with around 30 more to potentially know off.

Got a small credit card so I can start to rebuild my credit worthiness. I don't have a car loan or even phone agreement as I use my company mobile, so needed a credit card to get things moving. Even had an increase after 4 months. Not that I will be using it and going back to the dark side but slowly things are getting better and the dream of getting a mortgage is in sight!
  • bamgbost
    bamgbost Posts: 469 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Does anyone know how long it normally takes when the case is referred to the ombudsman, after an adjudicators demand is declined by the lender?

I have been waiting about a month now. Not sure how long this process should take?

(Basically adjudicator ruled in my favour, but Cheque Centre are still disputing!)
    365 Day 1p challenge - £371.49 / 667.95
    Emergency Fund   £1000 / £1000 ( will enlarge once debts are cleared)
    DFW - £TBC
  • List_Maker
    List_Maker Posts: 68 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    bamgbost wrote: »
    Does anyone know how long it normally takes when the case is referred to the ombudsman, after an adjudicators demand is declined by the lender?

I have been waiting about a month now. Not sure how long this process should take?

(Basically adjudicator ruled in my favour, but Cheque Centre are still disputing!)

Pretty sure that you're in for a long wait. Many people have had to wait up to a year. I'm on month 3. They are incredibly busy, I would assume because the help of this thread!
  • DanDaniel
    DanDaniel Posts: 80 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Folks,

Just a quick one, my complaint was referred for Ombudsman review by the adjudicator at the end of November, I have chased since but am told it's still in the que for a final Ombudsman decision.

How long have people been waiting for an Ombusman after the adjudicators decision was declined by Wonga ?

Many thanks

Dan
  • DanDaniel
    DanDaniel Posts: 80 Forumite
    Options
    Sorry I just noted the above post :-)
  • sacha28
    sacha28 Posts: 881 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    DanDaniel wrote: »
    Hi Folks,

Just a quick one, my complaint was referred for Ombudsman review by the adjudicator at the end of November, I have chased since but am told it's still in the que for a final Ombudsman decision.

How long have people been waiting for an Ombusman after the adjudicators decision was declined by Wonga ?

Many thanks

Dan
    My case was passed to the ombudsman in October last year......I'm still waiting :(
  • Bluetonic123
    Bluetonic123 Posts: 48 Forumite
    Options
    sacha28 give them a call. One my mine was delayed as they thought I hadn't sent the final response and one was delayed as they go the timeline wrong. Both are moving along now.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback