IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

NWCP Blackpool Parking Charge

Options
Dynamo91
Dynamo91 Posts: 5 Forumite
First Anniversary
edited 11 January 2018 at 1:05PM in Parking tickets, fines & parking
Morning.
Ive read through the stickie and still not sure what to do. Brain not working (sorry)
Driver In Blackpool on (date removed) Parked at Crystal Road Car park. Paid for parking by text (as no loose change to use ticket machine). Driver still has the confirmation of payment texts for 24 hours.
There were plenty of other cars in the car park at the time with no tickets displayed.
Received a letter dated (date removed) from NWCP Parking Charge - Notice to Keeper
Reason for Issue: Not displaying a valid pay and display ticket. Time: (removed)
Driver tried to phone a couple of times. Couldnt get through. Then forgot all about it.
Driver received a letter dated (removed) from Capital Collect DEMAND FOR PAYMENT OF AN UNPAID PARKING CHARGE
By the time the driver phoned. They were closed for Christmas. Tried phoning them after new year. Couldnt get through.
Received another letter from Capital Collect FINAL NOTICE OF INTENDED LITIGATION
Tried phoning them all day yesterday. Finally got through and their systems were down plus since im not the driver (driver unable to phone not at home) wouldnt be able to give me any information anyway. Fair enough. I didnt say who the driver was just that i wasnt the person the letter was addressed to. They asked for the PCN number and said that the it was paid for by text. They gave me an email address to send them the information.
They did say there was photographic evidence that there was a ticket displayed on the car. Driver had to go back to pay again. As could only pay 24 hours at a time. And there was no ticket on the car then or when we left blackpool.
What should i do? Do i ignore it. Send them the information. The texts received etc.
I hope someone can help.

Comments

• Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,246 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 11 January 2018 at 12:45PM
    Options
    Stop trying to 'phone the scammers! Never ever 'phone a PPC, and ignore debt collectors.

The keeper should send the IPC template appeal from the NEWBIES thread, but the scammers will no doubt say it is too late. After that the keeper ignores anything and everything unless they get real court papers.

Be careful posting information such as precise dates and times as that will identify the keeper on here to the PPC. A comment such as "I parked ..." after that would then identify the keeper as being the driver
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Options
    By the time the driver phoned. They were closed for Christmas. Tried phoning them after new year. Couldnt get through

Never phone a scammer, judges love paper trails. ,
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Dynamo91
    Options
    Thank you. I'll remove the dates etc.
    So just ignore then?
    I didnt think it was a scam or that you would need to pay with it being private.
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,246 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Dynamo91 wrote: »
    Thank you. I'll remove the dates etc.
    So just ignore then?
    I didnt think it was a scam or that you would need to pay with it being private.

Have you sent a written appeal, either online, by email, or by post? It is not clear from your initial post that you have done this. If not then don't ignore. That advice was not given on this thread, and has not been given on this forum since the law changed in 2012.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    Don't ignore it

The FAQ opens by telling you that you don't need your individual circs to be matched!

You are caught in the game

Follow the advice in the FAQ on how and when to appeal

Stop ringing the PPC!
  • Dynamo91
    Options
    No appeal. Just wasnt sure what to do. And then with christmas and getting married its all been a bit hectic.
    I'll have another read and send an appeal.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure