Applying for a DRO - Questions and Queires

Options
2»

Comments

• fatbelly
    fatbelly Posts: 20,499 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    Options
    I presume it's on the Insolvency Register too. Ask your IP to report the IVA's completion.

Yes the DRO team will check the insolvency register and Experian and unless they have reason to do otherwise would reject an application from someone who was showing as being in another form of insolvency.

For safety make sure your intermediary puts in the 'additional notes' section that the certificate of completion is available and the Experian information is incorrect
  • fatbelly
    Options
    Sounds like something's gone wrong between the IS and Experian, then.

Try a complaint to help@creditexpert.co.uk
  • fatbelly
    Options
    My guess is that Experian will just remove it - may take a couple of weeks, though.
  • National_Debtline
    National_Debtline Posts: 7,998 Organisation Representative
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi Amy

It's very difficult to say definitively here whether your budget figures pass muster for the purposes of a DRO. There are guidelines (not publicly available) on what amounts are considered reasonable for households of different sizes to spend on the likes of communications/leisure, housekeeping and other personal costs. There can be some flexibility in these guidelines in exceptional cases e.g. special dietary requirements.

Ultimately, even if the intermediary handling your application feels the figures may be deemed excessive, they can submit your application but at the same time should warn you of the risk that you will lose your £90 fee if it ends up being rejected by the Insolvency Service.

My advice would be to simply run the figures by your intermediary at Stepchange and seek their view.

Dennis
    @natdebtline
    We work as money advisers for National Debtline and have specific permission from MSE to post to try to help those in debt. Read more information on National Debtline in MSE's Debt Problems: What to do and where to get help guide. If you find you're struggling with debt and need further help try our online advice tool My Money Steps
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,878 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Amy13 wrote: »
    I'm about to send my application back to Step Change. Does anyone know what the correct address to send it to as I never received a pre addressed envelope. Also, do I need to give them a copy of my Credit Report from Experian? (I've had the IVA removed)

From there website :

Stepchange Debt Charity
    DRO Unit
    Wade House
    Merrion Centre
    LEEDS
    LS2 8NG
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,878 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Stepchange act as the intermediary.

I am unsure of there processing times just now, used to take about a week or less, but depends on how busy they are.

They are active on the boards weekdays, just drop them a PM.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure