Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread

Options

Comments

• MKS
    MKS Posts: 10,328 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    davemorton wrote: »
    Morning all. Are the NE Coven getting ready for the heatwave? I leave in a couple of hours, so it should be coming soon ;)

Enjoy your stay and holiday.
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    edited 14 August 2016 at 3:22PM
    Options
    not much shopping done today.

We made it to Waitrose - latte, Sunday times, Free Waitrose food magazine, elderflower cordial, pork pies for OH, waitrose sea salt crisps for 80p which are on my picks and 5 of the piccalo baby food for which I had the £1 Mymail MOCs-
    £3 odd in real money - very nice and the coffee is lovely

the baby food is going into the food bank bags - I've now got one of baby food and one of toiletries ready to drop off tommorow

(baby food is OK for the food bank collections isn't it ???? )
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    Options
    also in Sada I found a kind assistant who went into the warehouse and found me 4 of the half price Asda cat food packs - £1.25 :j - there were plenty of the £2 boxes and 60p packs as mentioned on the dark side - so at least the cat food stockpile is topped up again

on the shelves with reduced toiletries there were some Asda shower get which I picked up and put back - really have enough to last me years. I did though get a couple if the Sanex men's shower get for £1.20 and the Sanex bath for. similar so OH now has nothing to complain about toiletries setting off his skin :)
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • finlay
    finlay Posts: 378 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Yes there is a Poundland opposite the train station in Hull.
    Snootchie Bootchies!
  • davemorton
    davemorton Posts: 29,066 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    finlay wrote: »
    Yes there is a Poundland opposite the train station in Hull.

Cheers. Someone pm,ed me directions and I now can watch BB on catchup :beer:
    “Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?”
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,924 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Afternoon all :D
    ILTS thanks for letting me know but no joy :( was you successful?
    Been at my sisters just got back, more form filling :(
    I knew it wasn't right within two weeks of living here but because of the expense of moving and everything we went through to get here I felt I had to love it and with everything that has gone on recently time has just disappeared and can't believe we have been here for just over a year . It's a shame I love the actual house just not where we are .
    No nothing I have my eye on so I feel we might end up in rented until something comes up , a caravan in a field would make me happy though :)
    Sorry that you have not settled there but you are doing the right thing if you are not happy x
    davemorton wrote: »
    I did miss it, and I think this is the first time I have travelled without my earphones. I never brought them as I never use them, but this time I could have watched it on catch up and it would have made this train journey easier, hey ho.
    You best be taking good care of them !!!!

Have a nice holiday:D
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • Sunshinemummy
    Sunshinemummy Posts: 17,377 Forumite
    Options
    I just managed to get Krisp to work.... for those who gave up it maybe worth trying again x
  • Sunshinemummy
    Options
    DM where are you going?
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,924 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    SSM you broke it:eek: cant get to load again
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • Sunshinemummy
    Options
    bubbs wrote: »
    SSM you broke it:eek: cant get to load again

Sorry...

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing