£170000 in 10 years

Options

Comments

• Kittenkirst
    Kittenkirst Posts: 2,563 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Sounds like quite a few little rays of sunshine for you TH today :D

Well done on the eBay listings- that's something I hate doing!
    First home- Oct’16 until June’21: £170.995- Overpayments made £13,784 (25% extra!).
    New forever home- Sep’21 £309,449 @ 2.05%. Plan to clear it before 30 years!!!!!!
  • try_harder
    try_harder Posts: 1,527 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thank you themadvix ,no sun here today sadly and no sign of motivation kicking in either sadly ,tomorrow i will try to get back into gear.Thank you Kittenkirst ,i have listed a few more bits on ebay it does mostly all sell eventually .
    One item sold on ebay so £13.26 to the mortgage so must update that now .
    This weeks savings have gone into the isa early so this months total now stands at £460 saved so thats a big plus but still no way of earning much extra for the overpayments but still three days left this week to reach the £265 target a week i have set myself but have no idea how to reach still,need to put my thinking cap on .
  • aj9648
    aj9648 Posts: 1,372 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Good luck with it

I have nearly cleared 150k mortgage in 5 years so it am be done- lots of hard work and sacrifices!!!
  • try_harder
    Options
    Thank you aj4698,you have done so well,what a great feeling it must be and in such a short time .
    Today is a better day ,i have relisted lots more items on ebax and already have a few watchers ,i am behind though with my £10 a day target for savings and no overpayments made today either .
    I also have a birthday to buy for this month so several presents to buy and a party to arrange so i need to keep a check on how much im spending and not go as overboard as i usually do .
  • try_harder
    Options
    Well ,the end of another week and £10 a day target met and £230 saved this week towards the mortgage neutral target but very little money found for overpayments .This is not the plan ,it will of course mean that i will haves enough savings to pay off the mortgage at the end of the 10 years but that will be it i will have no other money and no pension so i must think of something and quick .
    Good day today on the healthy but frugal eating plan so thats a positive and lots of walking today too.
  • themadvix
    themadvix Posts: 7,898 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Keep going TH, something will come along!

You're doing well on the healthy lifestyle front, that's good! :) It's feeling a lot more springlike, so hopefully that will mean walking becomes more of a pleasure, less of a chore (that's how I feel about walking in Arctic conditions, anyway!).
    Mortgage free 16/06/2023! £132,500 cleared in 11 years, 3 months and 7 days

'Now is no time to think of what you do not have. Think of what you can do with what there is.' Ernest Hemingway

• try_harder
    Options
    Thank you themadvix ,i do hope so .
    Yes healthy eating going well lots of healthy salads and most importantly no sugar although as usual cutting out the sugar makes me feel rotten for a couple of weeks ,now going to make a lovely smoothie with lots of fruit and some natural yogurt so that will cheer me up .
  • brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Well done on the diet..glad it makes you feel better
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • try_harder
    Options
    Thank you brizzledfw i definitely do feel much better eating healthily ,i am eating lots of salads and raw foods ,fruit ,smoothies and juices ,its a bit of a bore especially juicing but the weight is slowly coming off .
    Its the end of my week as far as money goes and i have made no extra money for overpayments on the mortgage and nothing over the week on the make £10 a day front ,i have sold absolutely nothing on ebay and my husband didnt have much work ,luckily there are 12 more days left of this month in which to find or make some money so trying to stay focused thats the aim anyway.
  • Busy_Mee1
    Busy_Mee1 Posts: 1,015 Forumite
    Options
    Don't get disheartened TH - this is a long term plan not a quick fix and we all have blips along the way. You did amazingly well last year and I am sure you will again this year, you just need to keep plugging away. Have you thought about having a rethink about how to make your £10 a day, if eb@y is slow at the moment....I not sure what sort of things you would be up for but things that would be flexible enough to fit into your lifestyle for example dog walking, baby sitting, ironing. All things that would all bring in a bit of extra casual cash without tying you down too much. Just a suggestion until eb@y gets going again.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure