And so it begins: The Pig Vs The Mortgage

Options

Comments

• Betterthanever
    Options
    Enjoy masterchef..... I'm catching up on bake off!
  • pinkypig
    pinkypig Posts: 1,814 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Enjoy masterchef..... I'm catching up on bake off!

Thank you, I did and Bake off is tonight - love Bread Week:D
    Original mortgage £112,000 . Final payment due August 2027.
    Mortgage neutral achieved August 2020 - 7 years early!!!
  • pinkypig
    Options
    Not quite jumping up and down yet but nearly:D
    Today has been a really good day. Work flew by and as I marked through break and lunch I got an early finish and was home in time to get a few jobs done so today I've managed to:

Make overnight oats, low fat hummus and five minute tomato and basil soup (love my pressure cooker :))
    Do a proper daily cleaning routine including a quick wipe of the kitchen units
    Get a load of laundry done ready to hang on the line tomorrow (no rain forecast :j)
    Have a cup of tea with my sister
    Do a spin class

MSE news includes

A 40p TT:)

Got my free cider from Shopium and uploaded the receipt (couldn't find the cranberry juice in Asda though:()

Did the food shop at Aldi for £35.54 including two packs of cooking bacon from Asda. This is good value any way but today it was lean, smoked and in rashers so I grabbed an extra for the freezer . One pack does a family size risotto, a quiche and a spag carbonara so at 57p its a right bargain :money:

A cheap food day (porridge for breakfast, lo Chinese pork and veg rice from the freezer for lunch, spaghetti carbonara and salad for dinner and enough leftovers for lunch tomorrow)

I'm beginning to feel ready for the weekend but first I need to catch up on Bake off and have (another ) early night. Middle age has made me beyond rubbish. How did I ever manage to go out on the lash from Thursday through til Sunday? If I'm up past 10.30 these days I can barely function:rotfl:

PP x
  • Betterthanever
    Options
    Sounds like a good day indeed!! Everything going in the right direction. :T
  • michelle09
    Options
    Sounds lovely! I think you never truly appreciate sleep while you're young. Early nights are glorious. :)
  • maia_evo
    Options
    pinkypig wrote: »
    Middle age has made me beyond rubbish. How did I ever manage to go out on the lash from Thursday through til Sunday? If I'm up past 10.30 these days I can barely function:rotfl:

PP x

Laughed out loud. Me too :rotfl:
    Take care of the here and now and the future will be taken care of.
  • pinkypig
    Options
    So glad its the weekend, I'm one weary piggy:)

Hi Michelle and Maia, thanks for stopping by - its good to know its not just me likes/needs a wild night in:rotfl:

I got up to date with my planning and marking before I left work so I'm under no pressure this weekend. I've nothing much planned other than spending some time with the kids, doing some cooking and gardening and getting out for a run.
    Today has been a good day. Work ticked along, a friend has arranged a get together for us all in a couple of weeks, the kids are on good form and the dog is behaving.
    I've done my taxi duties and have had a quiet night in front of the TV. The woodburner is on and I'm curled up on the sofa. Lovely:D

Other than make dinner I've done nothing and even that was assemble rather than make as it was out of the freezer.

I have however managed to;

Watch ds empty the dishwasher:rotfl:

Got the dry washing in just before a huge downpour and folded it and put it away ( not just leaving it in a bag:o)

Had confirmation from Shopium that my cider refund is on it's way. They are so quick:)

Had a nsd

Relax - I'm quite bad at this and often feel guilty if I do. Must try harder!

Ate healthily and cheaply (porridge for breakfast, lo for lunch, batch cooked veggie chilli for dinner)

Tomorrow's plans include catching up with my mum, making dd's birthday cake and a cake for me to take into work, batch cook veggie ragu and some mixed bean soup and get out for a run between showers.

Dr Foster and my bed (with electric blanket:)) are calling - enjoy your Friday night whatever you're doing.

PP x
  • pinkypig
    Options
    Sounds like a good day indeed!! Everything going in the right direction. :T
    Thanks BTE, I hope you had a good day too:)
  • Well done on the marking/planning achievement.
    Have a fabulous weekend.
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
  • pinkypig
    edited 16 September 2017 at 7:25AM
    Options
    Well done on the marking/planning achievement.
    Have a fabulous weekend.

Thanks Wish, you too :)

That planning and marking is a labour of love isn't it? That or a pain in the a**e depending in your disposition:rotfl:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback