Butti's Journey: A matter of loaf and death

Options

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,299 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    looking most good :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Butti
    Butti Posts: 5,014 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Ellidee wrote: »
    We believe you - thousands wouldn't ! :D

Can I also point out Ellidee that when one user :D said thank you for that reply they were saying thank you with a VERYsarcastic voice!!!
    Debt LBM (08/09) £11,641. DEBT FREE APRIL 2021.
    Diary 'Butti's journey : A matter of loaf or death'.
    Diary 2 'The whimsical tale of the Waterbed of Debt'
    48% off mortgage

'one day I will be rich and famous…for now I'll just have to settle for being poor and incredibly sexy'. Vimrod Member of MIKE'S :cool: MOB
  • Butti
    edited 17 February 2014 at 7:48PM
    Options
    So a going out weekend but a very unspendy weekend. :j

Didn't go out on Friday, good job as I would have got blown home!
    Went out on Saturday to meet a few people - Below is what I was hoping was going to happen.

7. Try out new social events for 6 months - Have joined another two social groups. Likely to be going out with a friend tonight to one of those. I'm hoping she'll drive so I can drink

She didn't...I did. Annoyed me a bit...didn't even get to toss a coin! Mind you the evening cost me a bit of petrol and about a fiver so can't really complain. But I will all the same ;)

Last night I went to see 'Inside Llewyn Davis' a Coen Brothers movie which was like Groundhog Day but over a week. Did make me feel better about having a job and a room and not just a sofa! Drove for that too so a friend could get home after the last bus!

How are we doing on claiming back?

In terms of list of money collecting;

Money back from the company's medical policy for glasses £20 Done
    Tax on an election I worked a couple of years ago £60
    Final bill and loyalty payment from First Utility c. £200 Done
    Vouchers from my nightmare train journey last weekend Done
    A replacement bra for the faulty one I bought.....Replacement in the post and £5 put back on my card
    Mileage tax back to be done tonightEven better than not bad
    :D:D:D:D:D:D:D
    48% off mortgage

'one day I will be rich and famous…for now I'll just have to settle for being poor and incredibly sexy'. Vimrod Member of MIKE'S :cool: MOB
  • skint_spice
    skint_spice Posts: 12,650 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I'm definitely thinking May's treat sounds better than March's!

Great to see all those paid off numbers going up:T:T

See while you were in bed with Graham I was at work and ironing listening to him, for the ENTIRE show:eek:
    Mortgage End Date: Apr 36/Aiming for Aug 28/Current Sep 35

Mortgage OP 2024 £2250/7000

Mortgage balance: £52660

• Butti
    Options
    Last week was good...this week's not looking too shabby either. Cost of living increase of 3.2%!!!
    48% off mortgage

• Butti
    Options
    Changed my mobile phone tariff last month to a more internet friendly version. This months bill is £23, last month's £73!!!!

Hmmmmmmm......good move methinks
    48% off mortgage

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,299 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Blimey, that is some difference :eek:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Butti
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    Blimey, that is some difference :eek:

Yes that's what I thought.
    48% off mortgage

• Butti
    Options
    I walked to the pub last night. Three miles...wanted some fresh air and exercise. Thing is I think it took me the same time as it would to run it.

How depressing!
    48% off mortgage

• Butti
    Options
    So.....here we are in the library....you can always tell when I'm in the library because the lettering is sometimes BIG and colourful and these things appear :j:j:j:beer::beer::beer::T:T:T:T:T:T:beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:

Day off work today and tomorrow :T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T
    Have delegated to what is effectively my new boss :rotfl: (I appear to now have two bosses and an ex-boss aka guide / advisor. My new boss gave me permission to do a load of boring data entry gov't forms stuff on Monday so I didn't have a nervous breakdown yesterday. He is also coming to a meeting on one of my projects on Monday (not one of his) to guide me and make sure all bases are covered. I have nice bosses :D

Have shifted a fiver I got back from the return/exchange of a bra on to the Mr Branson card. Will not be paying any more off my HSBC card because this is its position;

HSBC CC £4404 Currently £382
    and my O/D is also at 18% and seems to incur MORE CHARGES than the card!!!!! So am now paying it off at the end of the month/same time as next pay day and it acts as a brake on my spending on the current account. Do have the money coming in (hopefully) from the claim to the electric/gas company so will pay that and see

Now off for BEER :beer: for two days :beer::beer:
    48% off mortgage

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure