overdraft loan guard

Options
Ok so I have an overdraft of £2000 :o with RBS. I phoned them today to ask about my charges and that they seemed a bit hefty. He said I should only get charged once a month, not twice. He looked into my account and gave me a call back saying that it was loan guard cover for my overdraft. And that if I wanted this cancelled I have to write a letter to the bank stating so. I have never asked to have loan guard cover on my overdraft, is this able to be reclaimed? If so, any ideas on how to go about this?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• natweststaffmember
    Options
    leanne711 wrote: »
    Ok so I have an overdraft of £2000 :o with RBS. I phoned them today to ask about my charges and that they seemed a bit hefty. He said I should only get charged once a month, not twice. He looked into my account and gave me a call back saying that it was loan guard cover for my overdraft. And that if I wanted this cancelled I have to write a letter to the bank stating so. I have never asked to have loan guard cover on my overdraft, is this able to be reclaimed? If so, any ideas on how to go about this?

Thanks in advance
    You might want to ask this on the loans boards as it comes kinda under PPI umbrella.
    I have not worked for NatWest Bank since February 2009

This username is no longer active.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family