Prepaid Funeral Plans

Options

Comments

• Joes_nana
    Options
    Has anyone used this company.. I've been told they are good by one person and an considering using them..

Respect Direct Funerals
    Office: 01427 612992 / Fax: 01427 614885
    Registered Address: Morton Hall, 2 Front Street Gainsborough, Lincolnshire
    For more information please visit: directfuneral.co.uk
    Check out our Green Burial Sites: respectgb.co.uk

Tia... Joes nana x
  • Yorkshireman99
    Options
    Joes_nana wrote: »
    Has anyone used this company.. I've been told they are good by one person and an considering using them..

Respect Direct Funerals
    Office: 01427 612992 / Fax: 01427 614885
    Registered Address: Morton Hall, 2 Front Street Gainsborough, Lincolnshire
    For more information please visit: directfuneral.co.uk
    Check out our Green Burial Sites: respectgb.co.uk

Tia... Joes nana x
    Far better to put the money away safely in a building society. All of these plans are potential rip,offs.
  • Joes_nana
    Options
    I am concerned at how much the prices rise. Everyone seems to be doing the pre paid thing. My father in law has just died and his pre payment was £1,800 some years back. Today ut would be nearer £4k.

I'd rather save now and know I'm getting what I want. .

Has anyone any experience with these people please?

Regards joes nana
  • Joes_nana
    Options
    Hi. Sorry if you think I'm spamming. I'm not 100% sure what it is.but please be assured I am genuinely asking this question.

I am 52 years old and gad a spate of recent deaths and am shocked at the prices.

I want a simple no frills affair and was pointed I this companies direction. I adjust asking if anyone has used or knows anything about funeral plans or such things.

How do I prove I'm genuine I'm not sure. Sorry if you feel like this. But again can only say it's a genuine question

Regards
    Joes nana
  • Joes_nana
    Options
    Maybe I should of worded it differently.

I'll try this....

I'm considering buying a pre paid funeral, one of those direct cremation things where there is no service etc.

Are they worth pre paying and when the money is held in a trust they are wanting £300 for setting it up.

The company I posted earlier is the one I'm considering. So if anyone has any advice or information that would be great to hear.

Thanks joey nanas.
  • Mojisola
    Mojisola Posts: 35,557 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I am 52 years old and gad a spate of recent deaths and am shocked at the prices.

As you're only 52, you could be around for another 40+ years!

I wouldn't have bought a funeral at your age.

Put money aside for the moment with written instructions about the simple cremation that you want.

My parents bought funeral plans - direct, simple paid-up funerals, not trusts or ones with variable prices or hidden costs. They saved about a third on the price of the funeral by the time they died.
  • Joes_nana
    Options
    Hi thanks for your reply. Interesting info. I guess I'm looking ahead as the price we have seen recently is a huge amount. Was hoping to pay upfront with a price freeze if you see what I mean.

So is there a difference between paid funerals and funeral trusts? The company I mentioned can do what I want.
    As someone suggested it was spam it was me thinking I was clever copying and pasting the details, I'm trying to delete the post but don't know how yet.. I'll figure it out.

Yes I'll speak to my daughter and put the money aside with instructions.

Thankyou for your reply
  • Mojisola
    Mojisola Posts: 35,557 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    So is there a difference between paid funerals and funeral trusts?

I've no experience of funeral trusts but I'm assuming that the money is kept until the death and then a funeral is bought.

A pre-paid funeral is just that - you choose the company and pay upfront. Some agencies do plans - like AgeUK, big companies like the Co-op do them and so do individual funeral directors.

My parents bought theirs from AgeUK. They take out contracts with local FDs so you don't have a choice when your time comes - your funeral will be managed by the company which has the contract.

Which? has some advice -
    http://www.which.co.uk/money/insurance/funeral-plans/guides
    /funeral-plans-explained
  • Joes_nana
    Options
    Thanks for that info.... I shall give it some thought...
    I've tried to delete the previous company info but can't work out how too it..

Plus now I've forgotten my password and it says email not registered. I'm constantly logged in on my phone at mo. But how the hell I'm going to sort it out I have no idea lol

Thanks for info.
  • Joes_nana
    Options
    Hi me again..
    I had a very interesting chat with someone the other day who is in the funeral business.
    I asked about pre payment. Their reply was.... Keep the money somewhere accessible as these pre payment funds are looking like the next financial disaster.... Eeeek that's put the wind up me....
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback