Options

Comments

• maman
    maman Posts: 28,589 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Top_Girl wrote: »
    HEXA - Parmesan in tea (is it 30g?)

:eek:I read that completely the wrong way! Now I understand, and you're right it is 30g topgirl. I grated a bit onto a plain JP at lunchtime. I'm counting it in my HEA and a little gives a lot of cheesy taste.
    I have been brave and made myself a doctors appointment to talk to someone about the anxiety. however now I'm anxious about having an appoint for anxiety - I think my issues have issues at the moment and they need confronting :/

going out soon for a walk which should help pep me up for this afternoon.

booked in to get my brows and lashes done on Monday. as a little self care/prep for spending next weekend in London. hopefully that helps build me up a little

Glad to hear that lush I was going to suggest you tried to do at least one thing for yourself every day. It doesn't excuse the way you're being treated but it does give you a break and something good to focus on. Have you spoken to HR about the problem?
    greentiger wrote: »
    Just had a thought – when we lose a small amount eg ½ lb or 1lb we say it’s JUST such and such, but if we gain that amount we consider it a monumental tragedy! We, well I do, need to retrain the brain to accept ½ lb weighs the same whether it’s on or off and it’s not terrible either way.

I was a mushroom-loather until my mid 30s (not yesterday, sadly!). I started adding them to Bolognese sauce, then fried them with onions for steaks. I use them fairly often now. I still don’t like them ‘poached’ and don’t even go to mushroom soup – ugh!

That's a very good point about small gains and losses greentiger. I'm sure other people's weight fluctuates too it's just that we notice it more.

I eat loads of mushrooms but, like you, don't fancy soup. I don't poach them as such but I do like them in casseroles. I always add them to HB steaks and I think denise does too.

I'm still eating some odd stuff as I don't want to do a big shop until tomorrow. Fortunately I went into the little Co-op for some BoB milk and they had some YS veg so I'm keeping the Speed up.:)

Today's EE plan:
    B: NAS grapefruit, 2 boiled eggs, HEB toast, HEA milk for drinks
    L: JP with some spread and scrape of Parmesan, mackerel, beetroot
    D: sausage, mash, onions, cauli, peas, gravy
    Syns: 1 for spread, 2 for BGTY sausages, gravy?
  • maman
    Options
    Moonlustie wrote: »
    Mmm, noodles and breakfast stuff, interesting thank you :)
    kathrynha wrote: »
    According to my colleague it's totally normal in a lot of countries

In Vienna I had sparkling white wine at breakfast time. That was a custom I really could get used to.:D
  • Moonlustie
    Moonlustie Posts: 14 Forumite
    Options
    kathrynha wrote: »
    According to my colleague it's totally normal in a lot of countries
    Thinking about it I've seen a frittata recipe somewhere with noodles in it. I get in a rut with food and just need reminding that there are other things out there :j
    Target: 7lb at the moment - there's a lot to lose! :eek:
  • lushlifesaver
    lushlifesaver Posts: 2,375 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    maman wrote: »

Glad to hear that lush I was going to suggest you tried to do at least one thing for yourself every day. It doesn't excuse the way you're being treated but it does give you a break and something good to focus on. Have you spoken to HR about the problem?

thank you maman - the drama is over non work stuff so I want to keep it outside of work. my work friend who I'm close with knows and so do the two ladies my office (the colleague is in a different one - the one with my work friend in) the two ladies in my office know because he emailed one of them to ask if I'd said anything but they can't believe some of what him and his wife posted/said. they've both been quite supportive of me though.

I always go out at lunch either for a walk if I'm in my usual office so I get an hours break and some air. If I'm over there it's harder - my work friend and I usually go for some lunch together at the stadium caf! as there's nowhere else within walking distance and we are both the sort of people who need to get out of the office.

I used to be good at other self care practices but not so much lately so I am trying to build the odd thing in here and there.

I think diet needs to be a part of that so tonight after we've all had our dr appointments and tea and I've bathed littlie and got her to bed I am going to make a plan for the meals for the next two weeks :)
    Daughter born 26/03/14
    Son born 13/02/21
  • Lois_Lane
    Lois_Lane Posts: 3,449 Forumite
    Options
    Afternoon all

Just back from the hairdresser and had loads taken off - I should lose at least 1lb!!

_pale_ at the thought of mushroom soup - that's a taste I'm never going to acquire, even DH isn't a fan and he loves mushrooms.

Greentiger - you're very wise re gaining and losing weight, half a pound or a pound on isn't such a disaster and sometimes it's what we need to focus our minds.

Maman - Spanish hotels often have Cava available at breakfast alongside the fruit juices, a Buck's Fizz is a very civilised way to start the day IMO (as long as there's no driving planned).

Well done to anyone who's lost and hugs to anyone who needs one.

Enjoy the rest of the day.

LL :)
    Start BMI - 38.7 Current BMI - 31.2 Target BMI - 26.3
  • maman
    Options
    Sorry I hadn't realised it was an out of work thing lush. I must have missed it while I was away. Hope the GP appointment goes well, it'll do you good to talk to someone. I agree that healthy eating needs to be part of looking after yourself but the walks are good too and if you can ever manage the gym or regular pampering (Groupon is great for this) then that's good too.

topgirl, I looked at the TGI's menu and the sauces and the smothered in cheese things look lethal!:eek: In your situation, I'd either go for steak and salad (and I'd have to have chips) and use most of my syns for drinks or just have whatever you fancy, take the hit and then have a plan to get right back on it afterwards. I think it depends if there are things you absolutely love on the menu.
  • lushlifesaver
    lushlifesaver Posts: 2,375 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    maman wrote: »
    Sorry I hadn't realised it was an out of work thing lush. I must have missed it while I was away. Hope the GP appointment goes well, it'll do you good to talk to someone. I agree that healthy eating needs to be part of looking after yourself but the walks are good too and if you can ever manage the gym or regular pampering (Groupon is great for this) then that's good too.

it's a whole lot of ridiculousness which has started over hairbows and Facebook pages. I've not actually said two words in the whole debacle as it set me off in a major downward spiral in seconds and its my friends and hubs who have take it upon myself in my absence (I was at my parents with littlie) to defend me and it all got very mean. they even brought up an issue from in work months ago that to my knowledge I had sorted with him (over a comment I had made to a fellow colleague re his attitude which he saw) eugh my heart is racing and I my chest is tight just typing about it. it's bad enough that anxiety has been effecting my day to day life as it is this has just made it ten times worse.

Let us say no more about it and we shall only talk of food and syns and looking after ourselves (and each other)!
    Daughter born 26/03/14
    Son born 13/02/21
  • maman
    Options
    Let us say no more about it and we shall only talk of food and syns and looking after ourselves (and each other)!

:Tdefinitely!!
  • Missli
    Missli Posts: 7,685 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Well I signed up. It went very well. I weighed in at 10 stone 1/2 lb (their scales read 2lbs lighter than mine).
    I'm trying to fill out my food diary badly. I've used up all my syns already!!

Breakfast:
    Onken Wholegrain Strawberry biopot 150g with a chopped apple (5 syns)

Lunch:
    Marks & Spencer, Quinoa, Spelt, pistachio salad with a soy and ginger dressing (5 syns)

Dinner:
    Chilli with rice plus a coriander, tomato, and cucumber salad
    Apple

Snack:
    M&S Pistachio and Almond cookie (5 syns)

It's certainly made me address the way I eat. I'd normally have polished off at least another 2 cookies by now.
    New forum. New sig. Yes I still need to lose 2 stone! :smiley:
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,923 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Well i am a bit :( as STS yet i have been good, no choc, no booze(dont drink) no hot x buns , i honestly think i have not eaten enough, i eat very few carbs(diabetic)
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure