IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

ES Parking Enforcement - Spinningfields - Claim Dismissed at Court

Options
Hi guys,

I was in Court this week against ES Parking Enforcement for one of their 'no stopping' nonsense charges in the spinningfields area in Manchester.

The judge had a good laugh at them in the end and their claim was dismissed after a lengthy 2 hour hearing.

I have some good points that will help others who are in a similar issue at the moment so drop me a message if I can help.

Comments

• pappa_golf
    pappa_golf Posts: 8,895 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    email the parking prankster with details
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,747 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    It's already known and will be likely to be blogged in good time, I would guess. A 2 hour hearing sounds interesting but you might want to wait a month before telling us more. Nice one!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • hoohoo
    hoohoo Posts: 1,717 Forumite
    Options
    Dedicated to driving up standards in parking
  • MattNorth
    Options
    Hi

I've just come to the end (hopefully) of a similar battle with E S Enforcement relating to the Spinningfields area.

I had various correspondence with Gladstones (their appointed Solicitors) before they eventually issued proceedings. I filed a Defence to which they did not reply. The case now stayed and only an order to lift the stay will allow ES Parking to continue with the claim. Very unlikely that they will do so.

I'm happy to answer any questions.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,357 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    MattNorth wrote: »
    Hi

I've just come to the end (hopefully) of a similar battle with E S Enforcement relating to the Spinningfields area.

I had various correspondence with Gladstones (their appointed Solicitors) before they eventually issued proceedings. I filed a Defence to which they did not reply. The case now stayed and only an order to lift the stay will allow ES Parking to continue with the claim. Very unlikely that they will do so.

I'm happy to answer any questions.
    Maybe ESPEL are cottoning on and are no longer prepared to be Gladstoned! Not usual for a PPC to work things out so quickly. :rotfl:
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Parking-Prankster
    Options
    Yes please. it seems ES parking are losing a lot of cases over this site and Gladstones are even discontinuing some, so any more details would be a great help to ongoing cases
    Hi, we’ve approved your signature. It's awesome. Please email the forum team if you want more praise - MSE ForumTeam
  • yotmon
    yotmon Posts: 484 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    It will be good to hear what the judge said in relation to 'stopping offences' as opposed to actual parking contraventions - waiting for update with bated breath......
  • Dot2101
    Dot2101 Posts: 60 Forumite
    Options
    I would be interested to hear about this too, I recently received court claim from ES, we were outside a next store on double yellows (engine on) waiting to load goods into the car due to no spaces and heavy goods so wanted to be close... got a fine for not been in an appropriate bay :eek:

Appealed but had no reply, also appealed to gladstones who then later claimed they hadn't received my letter (sent evidence that letter was sent) still waiting for a reply. In the meantime I am starting to draft my defense thanks to help from parking prankster but would be interested to hear More about no stopping as I am hoping this will help me later down the line
  • old_dinosaur
    Options
    Hi Billy
    Please can you send me a few basic details regarding no stopping as have to compile defense by 5th Nov similar vain different location.
    Thanks for any help
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,357 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Hi Billy
    Please can you send me a few basic details regarding no stopping as have to compile defense by 5th Nov similar vain different location.
    Thanks for any help

Billy hasn't been back to the forum since he posted this thread on 26/10, so is unlikely to spot this. Don't hold back on your defence waiting for a reply from him here.

Best you can try is to send him a PM which should shoot a notification into his nominated email address to say you're trying to contact him.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport