Share your stories on PPI Reclaiming claims handlers

Options

Comments

• -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,507 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Pay them out of your share.
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • magpiecottage
    Options
    I disagree. I would complain to the ambulance chaser that they incorrectly advised you there was not a valid complaint and thus terminated the contract.
  • Tiwo
    Tiwo Posts: 18 Forumite
    Options
    Dear Magpiecottage, Thanks for your concern. I have tried explaining and have also put it into writing to this management company. Am waiting to hear from them, but noticed their address have changed when I sent a recorded mail; and am not sure who am dealing with. Hopefully will get a positive answer from my letter. Looking forward to resolving this as soon as possible. Thanks
  • Chiefsioux
    Options
    When it was stated that Banks had miss-sold PPI and must reimburse their clients I contacted my bank & credit card firm. The bank immediately accepted responsibility and in fact searched back to earlier loans and refunded more than I dreamt I would get, I did not need to do anything at all other than the initial requests.
    Unfortunately the credit card company were totally different and refused point blank to even discuss a possible miss-sell, so I took the case to the Financial Ombudsman.
    I decided not to do this through the firms offering their services and dealt with the Ombudsman myself. Today I have heard I have won. Admittedly it took approximately 15 months to get a result but I feel very proud that I have succeeded in taking on the “big boys” and won:T, the icing on the cake is it only cost me a few letters and phone calls. When I set out on this escapade I never in my wildest dreams thought I would succeed but I have.
    I would advise anyone who wonders if they have a case to send off the initial request and do it yourself, it may take a little longer but in the end there are no fees to pay.
  • Tom_Chadwick
    Options
    Just received a letter from Black Horse saying they may have misold me PPI in a loan I took out in 2005. I don't have any details about the loan but they have attached a 4 page questionnaire about it.

Anyone advice on how to progress with this would be appreciated, anyone dealt with a similar letter?

Thanks Tom
  • karriebabe
    Options
    My partner is with lloyds tsb he recieved a letter to say he may have been miss sold ppi so he completed the form, well this got me thinking, maybe i had been miss sold with coop bank credit card, i thought worth a try so wrote a letter i recieved a form sent it off within 4weeks of sending the letter i was informed ppi £1.211 21 :beer: my partner sent his form off 2 weeks before i did and he is still waiting. I think even if your not certain if you were miss sold put a complaint in.
  • crushed00
    crushed00 Posts: 58 Forumite
    Options
    Just over £9000 back this very week :j, rejected by Lloyds, but justice done by Ombudsman...:T:T....
  • renard_2
    renard_2 Posts: 147 Forumite
    Options
    Visiting my 87-year-old, naive sister yesterday, I was disturbed to discover that she had responded to a cold call from a CMC.

She has signed up for them to deal with the Halifax re. claiming PPI. The 'terms and conditions' gives them 30% of any compensation. If she withdraws, they can claim 'a reasonable fee for work already done'.

They repeatedly call her, saying she is due £3,000, but must send them her husband's death certificate as it was a joint loan. This she cannot find. I anticipate them next asking her to get a duplicate death certificate.

I am horrified that she would end up paying them £300 from each £1,000 she may be awarded.

Please - is there a way she can get out of this, without incurring their 'reasonable fee'? I fear the answer is No.
  • Slowhand
    Slowhand Posts: 1,073 Forumite
    Options
    Bought it, claimed on it, and they paid out more than 3 times what I'd paid in premiums...a result for me. But then I did a bit (very basic) of research.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    renard wrote: »
    I fear the answer is No.
    I fear you are correct.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income