Check My Credit File..?

Options
Just seen an advert on TV for this company...whilst ive no interest in giving them £14.99 a month,what im curious about is they state See your data* from 4 Credit Reference Agencies, not just 1.

So who is the fourth CRA...??

Looked for the * on there site and couldn't find any reference to that.

Comments

• Samsung_Note2
    Options
    How come no mentions them...always thought there was three CRA"s.

Or are they just a rehash like Noddle etc.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    They're separate, but I've never known a lender who uses them.
  • Dandytf
    Dandytf Posts: 4,820 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Just seen an advert on TV for this company...whilst ive no interest in giving them £14.99 a month,what im curious about is they state See your data* from 4 Credit Reference Agencies, not just 1.

So who is the fourth CRA...??

Looked for the * on there site and couldn't find any reference to that.

I subscribe to checkmyfile who are currently helping me remove an innacurate 2nd default against one debt.
    Took a few years for me to pay for cra checks, though checkmyfile are excellent and upto date with advice when required.
    Replenished CRA Reports.2020 Nissan Leaf 128-149 miles top charge. Savings depleted. VM Stream tv M250 Volted to M350 then M500 since returned to 1gb
  • nic_c
    nic_c Posts: 2,929 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Dandytf wrote: »
    I subscribe to checkmyfile who are currently helping me remove an innacurate 2nd default against one debt.
    Took a few years for me to pay for cra checks, though checkmyfile are excellent and upto date with advice when required.
    I use the free services of Noddle, Clearscore, and MSE CC to get full reports free each month. Paying a monthly subscription for access and advice that could be got free doesn't seem very :money:
  • Dandytf
    Dandytf Posts: 4,820 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    nic_c wrote: »
    I use the free services of Noddle, Clearscore, and MSE CC to get full reports free each month. Paying a monthly subscription for access and advice that could be got free doesn't seem very :money:

Yeah I use those as well.
    Noodle +clearscore seem slow in comparison taking longer to update.
    Mse club uses experian-what happened to experian whom I used for a few years, has there been a shift from experian for cra reporting.
    Replenished CRA Reports.2020 Nissan Leaf 128-149 miles top charge. Savings depleted. VM Stream tv M250 Volted to M350 then M500 since returned to 1gb
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Dandytf wrote: »
    Yeah I use those as well.
    Noodle +clearscore seem slow in comparison taking longer to update.
    Mse club uses experian-what happened to experian whom I used for a few years, has there been a shift from experian for cra reporting.

I was told by a mortgage broker the main agency that's used by banks is Experian.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure