DRO Worry

Options
Hi. ive recently been applying for a DRO through payplan, they have sent me all the relevant forms n done credit checks etc all i need to do is pay the fee noe. im just curious to know how many have had DRO's rejected and for what reason? it talks of preffering other creditors? i have recent vodafone debt that i have paid nothing on and i have been paying my other 20 creditors £2 a month for about 4 years. obviously the debt is going nowhere as i owe 13k. Will it be rejected because of that? i also took a credit union loan of £500 out only last month as i needed it to pay off other bills n rent however on my credit union application i said that it was for a car ( at this point i was fully intending on paying it off) if one creditor rejects it does that mean the whole dro is rejected? also on my income expenditure i have talk talk internet. are they likely to say indont need it and reject it? going out of my mind with worry!
tiax

Comments

• National_Debtline
    National_Debtline Posts: 7,998 Organisation Representative
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi Gemma and welcome to MSE,

You really need to talk to your intermediary about these concerns, they will have all the details of your application in front of them so will be the most informed to answer you.

The preference payments are unlikely to be an issue if the Vodafone debt is recent (or was unknown) and the other debts have received fair payments for years. With regard to Credit Union, you will certainly have to talk to your intermediary about this one. It can be an issue if the credit is taken out under false pretences, but it will be up the Credit Union whether to object or not.

If you pay the £90 fee but decide not to submit the application because you are advised of a risk of failure, then you will get your £90 back. However, if it is submitted and rejected you will lose the fee and not be able to reapply for 6 years I am afraid. Talk to your intermediaries about these worries and they can guide you. Good luck,

Laura
    @natdebtline
    We work as money advisers for National Debtline and have specific permission from MSE to post to try to help those in debt. Read more information on National Debtline in MSE's Debt Problems: What to do and where to get help guide. If you find you're struggling with debt and need further help try our online advice tool My Money Steps
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,888 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 8 May 2017 at 1:50PM
    Options
    Good advice above from Laura, just to add, creditors dont usually object to a DRO been granted unless there is the possibility of a fraud having taken place, or some other anomaly pops up, as its very difficult to actually prove fraud, they would let it go more often than not.

You are allowed to budget for most normal things anyone else may reasonably be expected to need, including internet.

But as said above, you should ask your intermediary these questions, thats what they are there for, just one more thing, they wont submit your application if they believe there is a chance of it been rejected, usually if they agree to submit it, you should be ok.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure