Default to CCJ then 9 years later another default

Options
Evening,

Back in 2008 I defaulted on the debt which I subsequently received a CCJ for in early 2009 I entered into an agreement with the creditor via the court to repay the debt which I have done and never missed a payment.

The CCJ dropped off my file in 2015 and no other record off the debt was held on my credit file until this week where its reappeared on my file stating it was defaulted in Oct 2013??? even though I have never missed a payment.

I'm assuming that this is an oversight on their part and will contact them on Monday morning to attempt to put it right.
Has this happened to anyone else on here? or if anyone can impart some advice it would be very much appreciated.

Cheers

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    It has happened to people before yes.

Contact either the debt agency or the CRAs and ask for it to be removed.
  • dumpyboy
    dumpyboy Posts: 379 Forumite
    Options
    Yes sainsbury bank did it to me after default expired, I complained they said it was computer error as there was still and out standing balance it thought it should be reported, I wonder how many people have been caught out like that
  • tenchy
    tenchy Posts: 486 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Do the CRAs not check anything at all? It seems they just accept anything that's shovelled in their direction, regardless of its authenticity or accuracy! I would have thought an organisation whose purpose is to act as a repository for credit data should at least put basic checks in place. This sort of thing really should be reported, and they should be fined by the ICO.
  • dumpyboy
    dumpyboy Posts: 379 Forumite
    Options
    tenchy wrote: »
    Do the CRAs not check anything at all? It seems they just accept anything that's shovelled in their direction, regardless of its authenticity or accuracy! I would have thought an organisation whose purpose is to act as a repository for credit data should at least put basic checks in place. This sort of thing really should be reported, and they should be fined by the ICO.

That's the trouble cra do not have to check its right only report what they given you have to check it s right , and get it corrected if wrong, that's why many firms chance there arm and report in correct information
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure