Slimming the Wallet... and Me!

Options

Comments

• Seasidegal58
    Seasidegal58 Posts: 5,677 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I glad you have promised your boyfriend Alarae. He sounds very caring.

You have roused my curiosity with the hideous Cinderella wedding flats. Must google them........
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • Alarae
    Alarae Posts: 355 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    4329-23_1.jpg
    They look nice on the website but soooo tacky in real life. I'm a terrible friend for not giving them to her anyway (but it does mean I didn't spend the money!) but I honestly couldn't give something I think is disgusting :o

Last couple of days have been busy on precious little sleep. Monday was a 3:45am wake up call, followed by work at Sainsbugs 5am - 8am, then quick drive across to main jobbie for 8:40am - 4:40pm. Got home at 5:20pm, had a quick whirlwind change of clothes then off to the gym! Body Conditioning (weights) 6pm - 7pm followed by Bokwa for another hour. I was seriously hitting empty towards the end of Bokwa- although I think that was more due to lack of food, rather than lack of sleep!

Had to fill up the bug today, so £32.01 on petrol. £3.20 on some veggie bits from M&S.

Tried to catch up on Planet Earth 2 but fell asleep in minutes :o Trying again tonight!

Today was another early wake up call at 3:45am. Sainsbugs followed by main jobbie. Only the one class at gym today- spin. It's such a fab workout but man do I feel it in my legs now! Luckily the OH had a lovely bath waiting for me when I got in- I knew I kept him around for some reason! :D Bath AND a NSD!

No Sainsbugs tomorrow so normal wake up at 6:15am. Will be heading straight to Showcase after main jobbie to start at 5pm, down to finish at 11pm (doing the close, so I can't go until 30 minutes after the last film starts).

I've also decided that instead of keeping a running total of my part time jobbies, I will just update my signature as it looks rather boring at the moment! I need some green in there. AA DD has gone out so that is £25, plus the £142.50 I've 'saved' from part time jobbie earnings. It will go against the CC in March anyway after the 0% runs out, so might as well say I have 'paid' it!

Totals for November:

£71.01 - petrol
    £3.50 - lunch
    £1 - poppy charity band
    £28.06 - groceries

Weighed in yesterday evening at 9 stone 0.4 pounds. Soooo close but not sure I trust the reading as my scales are dying a slow death (new battery required) and I normally weigh in the mornings (in my undies... no clothing to add any unnecessary pounds!). If I can see an 8 on the scale before my birthday on the 21st I will be :j!
  • Seasidegal58
    Options
    Oh dear - I think you are quite right on the question of the slippers!:D

Make sure you get enough sleep! Lovely to have someone at home who will have a hot bath waiting for you after a hard gym class!
    🌟
  • Alarae
    Options
    *yawn* It's been a long day. Up at 3:45am for work at 5-8:10am, then other work 8:45-4:15pm, then other other work 5-10pm. Totals about 15 hours work. Ugh.

Tested myself to a Costa toastie for dinner at a cost of £2.95. Did want one of the chocolate yule muffins I have been drooling over this week but when I finally let myself buy one, they sell out! Typical.

Not much else to report, nothing spent on other days.

Until next time!
  • Huskyrunner
    Options
    How many jobs?
    debts 16550
    Mortgage 69500
  • Alarae
    Options
    Haven't posted for a little while... Silly me! I have been extremely busy between the three jobs, gym and trying to keep on top of a healthy sleep schedule!

Last weekend we had my brother in law and his fianc! stay. Had a lovely chat over some drinks (they paid!) and then I treated us all to a dominoes pizza on the walk back home. £20 down, but well worth it for the company!

Was also out on Thursday after the gym for a dinner date with my friend. She has been having a tough time with her OH and just needed a natter. I booked a table at a pub which had a 50% off all food for a new menu preview night so ended up with a main, dessert (hazelnut brownie- delish!) and a drink for £15! Very cheap night out and the food was lovely.

There has been a few spends but just for petrol and groceries. Unfortunately petrol has been creeping up and I'm now looking at £36 a week, meaning £125ish a month! Unfortunately not much I can do about that so will just have to try and trim the fat on the grocery budget.

Will try to do proper totals at the weekend as I'm off- my birthday weekend!
  • Alarae
    Options
    Hi Husky!

Three jobs at the moment. One full time, one early part time (before main) and one late part time (after main).

Basically works out to 6 days a week, Mon - Sat, at roughly just over 60 hours.

Sounds manic, but I see it as no different to a full time worker with a young child at home!
  • Alarae
    Options
    Gulp... been neglecting my diary a bit this past week. Unfortunately I have either been working or out in the gym in the evenings so I haven't had a chance to jot everything down. I'll do a quick summary of each day and any spends I can think of...

Last Weekend:
    Had the BIL and his fiance to stay. Bought some bits from Mr A but the spends to be covered by OH. Went out in the evening to a lovely place near us for some drinks and food- only to find out they weren't serving food as they were short-staffed! By the time I asked if I could bring food in to eat they had magicked some extra staff and were now taking orders again. By then we couldn't be bothered to hang around so finished our drinks and ended up picking up a Dominoes pizza on the way home.

Hadn't drunk alcohol in a while and must admit to being a bit fuzzy after a few glasses of wine on the walk back home :o

Mon:
    5am - 8am - Working at Sainsbugs
    8:30am - 4:30pm - Main job
    6pm - 8pm - Gym

Had to fill up the little bug at a cost of £32. I hate how expensive petrol is :( I'm filling up weekly now with the addition of the extra jobbies.

Tues:

5am - 8am - Working at Sainsbugs

Was meant to go to the gym in the evening, but as I was going to be working at the cinema in the evenings Weds-Fri I knew I wouldn't see the OH much so stayed in. Spent £1.75 in Sainsbugs on stir fry bits, but half to come back from OH. Made a scrummy Katsu chicken stir fry, with loads of veggies to bulk it out. Had another portion leftover so that was for OH to eat while I was working Weds evening.

Weds:
    5:55pm - 8:55pm - Showcase

Normal start for once! Early finish for the cinema as it wasn't busy. It does mean I don't get paid for the other part of my shirt, but it means I can spend a bit of unexpected time with OH.

Thurs:
    5am - 8am - Sainsbugs (Overtime)
    8:30am - 4:30pm - Main Job
    5:25pm - 11:25pm - Showcase

Loooooong day. Did have a spend during the evening job on a panini from Costa as I needed something extra in the tank as I was surviving on about four hours sleep. I had one of the new festive ones- Pigs in Blanket- which was basically sausage, bacon, brie and cranberry. Very scrummy, but not great for my wallet at £4.25! :eek: No idea how they can charge that much for a toasted sub roll so while it was nice, I will not be buying another in a hurry!

Fri:
    5am - 8am - Sainsbugs
    8:30am - 4:30pm - Main Job
    5:55pm - 11:15pm - Showcase

Another long day on little sleep. Had run out of chicken to make my salad for work, so ended up buying a toasted sweet chili chicken wrap with cheese from the sandwich shop. They are absolutely delicious and they make them to order. Small spend of £3.50. Picked up the OH from his night out after my shift finished for payment of a future McDs lunch but didn't even use my petrol as I drove his car! Got home around 12am, only to be up again at 3:45am...

Sat:
    5am - 8am - Sainsbugs

Asked my team leader if I could move my shifts earlier by 15 minutes during the week (4:45am - 7:45am) as I was struggling to get to work on time finishing at 8 due to traffic. She wasn't bothered so that was a result! :j Does mean a slightly earlier get up but will help me save face in the office as they don't know about the extra jobs at the moment... I have checked my work policies though and I definitely do not need permission to do other work, I just don't want the awkward conversation of them asking me why I'm doing it (i.e i'm skint and need more money).

As my birthday is on Monday and I'm working at all three jobs I won't see the OH, so this is my birthday weekend! Came home from work in the morning and while I usually have a quick nap I didn't as I had to wait up for Micky Flanagan tickets to go on sale at 10am. Absolutely love him and OH and I are very keen on comedy. Haven't seen him before and managed to get side stage seats at Wembley Arena for Sept 2017! Far away but looking forward to it.

I also found out my birthday present from OH. We're only going to do the Crystal Maze in London! I've wanted to do it since I found out about it but couldn't justify the cost (~£70 a ticket). Bless him he booked it for us to do! It isn't until May 2017 but I'm so excited to go. I know some people who have went and they loved it- apparently just like the game show.

Went to Mr A and picked up lunch bits for work and also stuff for my birthday dinner on Sunday. OH offered to cook bless him as I said I didn't want him to spend any more money on me on going out for dinner.

Ventured into town in the evening for a firework display off the top of the car park. Was amazing as we didn't see any on Bonfire night (working) and it meant we could pop into some shops while we were there. I ended up buying some much needed jeans from Primarni as mine are way too big at the waist now for the sum of £24. Luckily as it is the birthday tomorrow I called in a birthday present from the sister so I'll get that money back :j

Sun (Today!)
    Had the most wonderful long night of sleep and feel so much better. My sunday lie ins definitely help me balance the lack of sleep during the week. OH made breakfast (bacon in breakfast muffins) which was lovely, and also moved the money he owed me from various bits I have paid for into my account.

I have cinema tickets for this afternoon for Arrival- free from work and we picked up a £1 bag of crisps to share while at Mr A yesterday and have have a box of malteasers leftover from when BIL and his fiance visited so very MSE :money:

One last thing to finish off-

I HAVE HIT MY GOAL AS BEING UNDER 9 STONE FOR MY BIRTHDAY!!!!!

:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j

Never thought I would accomplish it but stepped on the scale this morning to a lovely sight of 8.13.6. Amazing feeling as I have never been this 'small'. Plus the jeans I bought in Primarni were a size 8- an 8, me of all people! I only want to lose a smidge more and get down to 8 and a half stone at most and then I will focus on building muscle/losing fat for a nice overall toned look. A bit like Nicole Scherzinger- not those skinny waif models who look terrible IMO (like the Hadids/that Jenner person).

I'll definitely try to check in for five minutes each day from now on. Hopefully!
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    Well done on the weight loss.

Your early morning jobs and evening jobs are an inspiration, although like you say it probably isn't that much different from looking after a little one.
    I've been looking for an additional income stream...
    I live near a sainsbugs and probably could do the early morning packing job. You've inspired me. I'm going to look into it (although probably won't do evenings too.

Thanks again or the inspiration :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • Seasidegal58
    Options
    Fantastic news on your weight loss !:j:j:j

And no I don't think you should go for the waif look either! Much nicer to be slim and toned. :)
    🌟
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts