PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

OS Daily Saturday 20 August (sorry)

Options
13»

Comments

• camelot1001
    camelot1001 Posts: 6,006 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Congratulations Flutterby, I was thinking of you this morning.
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,032 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited 20 August 2016 at 3:41PM
    Options
    Coxy11 wrote: »
    tru - how about the name Donna for your new chick, being as she came from the kebab shop :)

:j Great idea!
    cliffsgirl wrote: »
    Gers is your mum going to publish her memories, it sound very interesting.

No, but I might after she's gone. I found out last night that that uncle of one of my Mum's cousins' was on the Bismarck and survived. The stories aren't always so positive for the Germans. :(
    Afternoon all,

Not posted in awhile, mainly due to the fact that baby Lenny arrived 11 days ago :D, weighing a healthy 8lb12. We are both doing well, had to spend 2 days in hospital but settled in good at home. We are all in love with him.

Huge congratulations to you and your family, it's such a lovely time for you all. I wish you all great happiness.

I'm back home now and the weather here is glorious, when I left Glasgow it was tipping down. I've come back and put a small wash on as it'll get dried out in the garden.

The Waitrose trip was interesting as I ALMOST met a fellow forumite! I should have read my PM before going out but was logged out after the early morning post. Next time!

My silver shampoo is scary, it's purple. I really don't want to join the blue rinse brigade (not that there's anything wrong with a blue rinse but it's not my thing). I'll give it a try but the slightest hint of blueness and it's gone.

:rotfl:
  • cliffsgirl
    cliffsgirl Posts: 367 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    No, but I might after she's gone. I found out last night that that uncle of one of my Mum's cousins' was on the Bismarck and survived. The stories aren't always so positive for the Germans. :(

i would say they would sell pretty well. I love real life stories.
  • monnagran
    monnagran Posts: 5,284 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Wow Flutterby! Well done you!

Now, listen to all Lenny's virtual Aunties and take every opportunity to rest that you can. Forty winks, when ever the opportunity presents itself, is obligatory.

Enjoy every single second, they are babies for such a short time. It may not seem like that sometimes but trust me!

x
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
  • Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,247 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Flutterby Congratulations and get as much rest as you can while OH is off work.
    Gers wrote: »
    ...My silver shampoo is scary, it's purple. I really don't want to join the blue rinse brigade (not that there's anything wrong with a blue rinse but it's not my thing). I'll give it a try but the slightest hint of blueness and it's gone

Don't worry, It's scary but effective and you won't have a lilac rinse, promise! I have used a blonde enhancing shampoo that was purple and it does work!
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Congratulations flutterby may you both have a long and healthy life ,filled with love and laughter together I love the name by the way.
    Dumpling so pleased that the wedding went well how fantastic must you feel honey Well done.
    Csarina I do hope you get your Oh sorted out soon it must be such a worry for you.
    Hilstep I am thinking of you my dear it seems like one thing after another doesn't it.

Hope all are well and <<hugs for those who are down and blue>>
    Take care
    JackieO xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills