Help to buy for people with disabilities

Options
We are looking to relocate. My husband and son (20yrs) both have life long disabilities and are unable to work. I work full time but am not sure my wages will cover the shortfall (we have 270k deposit) and was wondering if there would be any government schemes that could help especially as we have already been told my son is eligible for sheltered accommodation. We are moving to be nearer family as we are very isolated where we are currently.
Many thanks

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Not that I am aware off TBH, have you asked social services about this, or CAB ?
  • davemorton
    davemorton Posts: 29,066 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    A government help scheme when you have a £270000 deposit?? Most people can only dream of ever owning a home worth half your deposit value.
    “Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?”
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
  • Muttleythefrog
    Muttleythefrog Posts: 19,768 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Not aware of anything either.... hopefully you get more definitive advice... but as above... is £270k not sufficient to buy a suitable home... you moving to a particularly expensive part of country.. south east?
    "Do not attribute to conspiracy what can adequately be explained by incompetence" - rogerblack
  • KxMx
    KxMx Posts: 10,605 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    It's possible OP added a 0 by mistake and the deposit is actually 27k.
  • Mojisola
    Mojisola Posts: 35,557 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Mindfull74 wrote: »
    We are looking to relocate.

...was wondering if there would be any government schemes that could help especially as we have already been told my son is eligible for sheltered accommodation.

We are moving to be nearer family as we are very isolated where we are currently.

Have you considered getting your son sorted out with the offered sheltered accommodation and then buying something smaller for you and your OH?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure