Nationwide FlexDirect Account

Options
Can you open more than one of these accounts from different bank accounts? I know Martin states you can only have one which lasts a year but what I mean is , can I have a FD account for one year with £1k pay in from X bank account and then the next year open another one with £1K pay in pay in from Y bank account?

Comments

• ceredigion
    ceredigion Posts: 3,709 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    You can have 4
    But that is not the whole story
  • Zanderman
    Zanderman Posts: 4,684 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    MARI wrote: »
    Can you open more than one of these accounts from different bank accounts? I know Martin states you can only have one which lasts a year but what I mean is , can I have a FD account for one year with £1k pay in from X bank account and then the next year open another one with £1K pay in pay in from Y bank account?

Am not sure I understand your question.

You can have several FlexDirect accounts. But only one that pays 5% interest, and that will reduce to 1% after 12 months. Terms say that you can't have another paying 5% until 12 months after the original one stopped paying 5%. So if you're after the 5% interest it's one account at 5% every other year. But several at a lower rate.

Where the money is paid in from, or which accounts you switch to them from, is probably irrelevant.
  • MARI
    Options
    Ceredigion - can you explain please?
  • darkidoe
    darkidoe Posts: 1,125 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options

uh I think Zanderman just did?

Save 12K in 2020 # 38 £0/£20,000
  • jimjames
    jimjames Posts: 17,622 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options

Simple answer is no if you're planning on doing it for the interest.
    Remember the saying: if it looks too good to be true it almost certainly is.
  • ceredigion
    ceredigion Posts: 3,709 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options

:undecided
    "Can you open more than one of these accounts" Yes'
    "from different bank accounts?" Doesn't make sense.
    "I know Martin states you can only have one which lasts a year". If that was actually said which I doubt it is incorrect.
    "can I have a FD account for one year with £1k pay in from X bank account and then the next year open another one with £1K pay in pay in from Y bank account". Well you could if you wanted to.

:p
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport