What do to? Rude buyer

Options
Hi I listed and sold an item in the wrong section, with the wrong postage cos I'm an idiot :-)
Anyhow I did this and I cost myself money but as I was the stupid one I sent regardless. I am not a seller I haven't even ever sold 10 things to get the ratings.
I have just had the rudest message from the person who won said item apparently I'm a thief as they haven't received their item when eBay said they would. Delivery date is due by the 18th so today. Obviously I haven't sent it. I have with tracking. I have sent them tracking details. And apparently I've made them up. I have sent them screenshots but no I've photoshopped them. The tracking is showing as out for delivery (Hermes) I do not know what else to do. I am not getting into an argument with him. He has about £150 worth of item for 99p once delivered. He has assured me he will be getting his money back today. What can I do now? Thank you

Comments

• babyemily
    Options
    Just to add buyer took 3 days to pay and I never chased. Just was waiting for day 4. Does this affect the delivery dates?
  • Delivery dates should be based on payment date but your buyer has to open a case if they don't get their order and from the date they do (which they can't until tomorrow) this allows 7 days for you to resolve.

Your buyer either has the item or a screw loose. Don't let the rudeness bother you, just reply calmly to any questions and hopefully the tracking will update to delivered.
  • babyemily
    Options
    Thank you. I've added tracking details into eBay and all the screenshots and emails are on the eBay server. I am praying this updates to delivered today but have a feeling it's going to be wrong regardless. I can't even use photoshop!!!
    Thing is the tracking number links directly to Hermes tracking. I'm not sure how anyone could make that up. eBay selling is not for me and all you sellers need halos x
  • ballisticbrian
    Options
    Don't be bullied by this person. You've done the right thing by uploading the tracking. When we start getting rude emails, our response rate to that person generally goes down to one email per day, otherwise they just yank your chain by constantly responding as if the email was a chat. If you look on the Hermes web site, you'll be able to see when it is "out with courier for delivery."
    Warning: any unnecessary disclaimers appearing under my posts do not bear any connection with reality, either intended, accidental or otherwise. Your statutory rights are not affected.
  • theonlywayisup
    theonlywayisup Posts: 16,031 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    babyemily wrote: »
    Just to add buyer took 3 days to pay and I never chased. Just was waiting for day 4. Does this affect the delivery dates?

You can open a non paying bidder dispute on day 2, then you wait 4 days before closing.

As per the others responses, keep an eye on the tracking, keep polite and professional and don't feel you need to answer every single point/comment in his message.

Make sure you add the tracking to the sale record and if he opens a dispute, to that aswell. Not just in your messages.

If you go to the order you will be able to see the estimated delivery dates. I say dates, as there will be a window with Hermes, not just a single date.
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,207 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Out of interest how long has it been since posting and did you post it within your stated time frame? I only ask as I find that MyHermes is one of eBay's most generous time scales for delivery estimates and my items usually arrive well within the estimates. If your item has been out for so long it has got close to the latest delivery date then it might just be worth sending MyHermes a message via their Facebook page to ask if there is a problem.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • babyemily
    babyemily Posts: 421 Forumite
    Options
    Tracking is showing as delivered at 6pm :-)
    I was given 4 days according to eBay.
    Item paid for Thursday, sent Friday, delivered today. Yes I posted the day after payment. Like I said I don't sell much on eBay just trying to clear some stuff but won't do it again. Far to stressful for me
    Thank you for all your advice.
  • Brywalker
    Options
    You might want to add the offensive buyer to your blocked buyer list.
  • forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 32,552 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I had a MyHermes tracking number that nobody could find, the item turned up after the seller sent me another one.

Quite an expensive item so they were glad to get it back again.
    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

• SamboJambo
    Options
    Aslong as you can provide ebay/paypal with tracking details he doesn't have a leg to stand on, they will side with you as you can prove it has been delivered, so I wouldn't worry.
    I have given up selling on ebay as I have had so many chancers trying to get money back on items that were in perfect condition when they left me.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure