Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Happy new year xx
  • hugglemonster
    hugglemonster Posts: 1,244 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    HI all, just sitting down after a very busy day and enjoying the evening before I go back to work tomorrow. Boo!

This morning I did the food shop, I was trying to reduce costs and was doing OK until I got to dh requested foods - quinoa and lentils - he likes the packet stuff but at £2.29 a pack I decided to ring him up and say this is ridiculous and he agreed on canned lentils and dried quinoa. It's a start now I need to work on getting the cheaper salmon!

DH has been busy organising his camping kit in the attic whilst I have been in ds having a sort out ready for the first stage of decorating.

* 4 shelves removed
    * Door removed
    * Curtain pole taken down
    * Carpet ripped up
    * Sorted through toys and clothes

All of it is now out in the front garden so now we are definitely going to need to get that skip.

Went for a run early evening and then made dinner, so there that's it all good but no money matters to really speak of.

Just been out to look at Venus shining brightly in the sky! H x
  • hugglemonster
    hugglemonster Posts: 1,244 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Phew busy, busy, busy since being back to work and kids back to school but glad to be back to normal. I have lots going on with both jobs so the next couple of months will be full on in a good way.

In a change of news dh has decided not to go and work with his friend, there were more risks in the end and he felt that it would have compromised their relationship plus he had too many responsibilities to have such a uncertain income. Therefore he is going to get stuck in at his current job and make it work for him.

Financially we're OK if a little tight this week although that's our own fault for taking the kids to the cinema and a meal last week before they went back to school. I have about £50 to last me until Friday and need £49 for climbing so will have to scrape around for a few pounds to buy bread and milk as we have enough food in for meals. We're away this weekend for father in law and dh birthdays but I get paid on Friday so will be fine to fill up the car with fuel before we go. I AM NOT USING SAVINGS :D

We were meant to have a smart meter installed on Friday but when the engineers arrived they couldn't do it as one of the boxes was an old metal thing so just waiting on Scottish Power to arrange to change it for a modern one then they can come back.

Nothing else happening at the mo, looking forward to Feb/Mar to pay off a few things and will feel a bit of progress made towards being debt free!

H x
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Hi Juggle

Big news then about OH staying put. Sometimes you have to go through the whole range of thinking before you realise the original plan is better.
    My OH is working on a side hustle with his best friend, which sounds rather to good to be true. He is a techie so has been brought in to advise. The sorts of figures they were talking about are silly money. But I am reluctant to encourage him to do too much work for them really as the level of risk to us is too high with me being self employed as well. We'll have to wait and see.

Good luck lasting those last few days till payday :)

Bob
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • hugglemonster
    Options
    I love this forum for getting you back on track and making you think twice about whether you're having a bad day because someone else is always going through worse times than you!

Casing point yesterday I was irritable all day at work, it didn't help that as soon as I walked in the office I was asked about some new Appraisal forms which apparently I designed and had replaced the original. No morning, no how are you. I hadn't by the way, the form needs adapting but someone else added it to the system as I was even there when it was uploaded.

All day when I walked through the Directors (two of them) office they asked me to do things, then a staff member came up to the office and apparently I was due to her appraisal! However because the admin isn't doing her job of filing paperwork I had no up to date supervisions and no useful Appraisal form, I therefore looked a right eejit :mad:

So that will be my plan tomorrow to speak to the Directors about the situation and also point out that one of the things they asked me to do was done by the admin and is on the system.

But then I came on here and my irritations were put well and truly in perspective, plus I was better in the evening as I went to a meeting for my second job which I love :D

Nothing much going on here, pay day is Friday and we're off after the kids finish school to the in-laws for the weekend. Everything is on schedule slight mistake that I completely forgot to write down when the car tax is due and that needs to be paid at the end of the month!

There feeling better today, off in a bit to support a High School competition.

H x
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hi Huggle,

Sounds like you had an eventful day in the office yesterday.

Hope today has been less stressful :)

Enjoy your weekend with the inlaws xx
  • Bobarella
    Options
    Hope all is well in Huggle world :)

• hugglemonster
    Options
    Hi all long time no see, to say the last couple of weeks have been busy is an understatement but all good. We had a lovely time in Cardiff and nice meal at JO restaurant although cost us more than figured as they add a nice service charge to the bill!

Both jobs are very busy lots to do and sort out and although a few problems with some schools today regarding a competition I will try not to worry and learn that next year all school will have all dates from September and I will not try and change anything to meet the needs of one school!

In financial news lets start with the bad or 'could do a lot better' first so then we can gloss over it, according to YNAB we have spent approx £1000 on groceries in January and £300 on spending money now although this includes our trip to Cardiff, school dinners, cleaning products etc it is still awful and needs sorting now. Hubby gets paid tomorrow and I will be doing a menu tonight and go food shopping after club in the evening. Oh and I have just remembered that I have paid for flights to Jersey for a work trip that I need to claim back.

Right now for the good news - I paid off the balance of the computer this morning YAY!!!! Tomorrow I will pay for the flights to Germany YAY!!! So two items off the list, very pleased with that. I'm glad that we will be in the shortest month of the year as I'll be itching to start paying off the overdraft next.

H x
  • Bobarella
    Options
    Well done on paying off the balance on the computer! That must feel good.

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Well done to paying off the computer, great stuff!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure