Can anyone recommend a way to buy bitcoins

Options
Im interested in investing in some bitcoins.Can anyone recommend a place/site that they have used to purchase them before?
If organized religion is the opium of the masses, then disorganized religion is the marijuana of the lunatic fringe.

Comments

• Exergy
    Exergy Posts: 9 Forumite
    Options
    First the standard statement that Bitcoins are probably the single most risky investment you can make right now and you should not spend any more than you can afford to lose.

The UK is admittedly one of the hardest places to buy bitcoins due to British banks being notoriously against working with BTC companies. Still it is far from impossible. That said, there are many options:

Probably the easiest to use is the recently launched circle.com which will allow you to buy small amounts with a credit card.

Next would be bittylicious.com and speedybitcoin.com, both of which allow you to use UK faster payments to buy bitcoins.

Finally (and by far the cheapest method) is to purchase direct from a bitcoin exchange such as bitstamp.net or kraken.com. These will require you to send money overseas using SEPA but they are the most fully featured and offer the lowest rates.

I have used all of the above, if you are buying small amounts to test the water use circle, if you are buying a larger amount use bitstamp or kraken.
  • Bruciebonus
    Options
    Thanks exergy....I will have a look into those.
    I understand the risks and will not be investing more than I can afford to lose.Ive been mulling it over for a while and have decided now is the time to jump in.
    If organized religion is the opium of the masses, then disorganized religion is the marijuana of the lunatic fringe.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure