Tesco savings accounts for DDs

Options
I have just opened up Santander 123 for savings and in order to satisfy the 2 direct debits condition, I have set up a Tesco Internet Saver and Tesco Saver. When I look on the Tesco website it is showing a direct debit under each of the accounts, however, when I look at Santander, it only seems to be showing 1 DD to Tesco Finance.

Is this because only one has been set up yet (only did them a few days ago) or is it because this is how the DD will show, or have I done something wrong?

Does anyone else have a 123 account with just these two, how does it show up for you?

First month of getting this all set up and automated is a bit panic-worthy :eek:

Thank you

Comments

• Ifts
    Ifts Posts: 1,951 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Name Dropper
    Options
    Does anyone else have a 123 account with just these two, how does it show up for you?

I too use Tesco Internet Saver and Tesco Saver for the 2x DD requirement of one of my S123 accounts - and it is showing as two separate DD's on the Santander 'View Direct Debits' page.

I think you will be ok especially if the Tesco website is showing a direct debit under each of the two Tesco accounts, its probably due to it only recently being setup and will show the two DD's on the Santander account after a short while (think it takes about 10 days to set up a DD) - check next week to see if the two are showing.
    Never let the perfume of the premium overpower the odour of the risk
  • Mee
    Mee Posts: 1,441 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Agree, probably due to a delay, but do keep tabs.
    I was able to set-up 2 DDs from one TIS, but had to vary the day as I found TB merged the two I had set up for the same amount and same day.
    Free thinker.:cool:
  • bsms1147
    bsms1147 Posts: 2,261 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Mee wrote: »
    Agree, probably due to a delay, but do keep tabs.
    I was able to set-up 2 DDs from one TIS, but had to vary the day as I found TB merged the two I had set up for the same amount and same day.
    I would strongly recommend two Tesco accounts with one DD from each. It is barely any extra work to do this. You're taking a risk in both DDs originating from just one account as they can be seen as one mandate, or may be in the future.
  • Mee
    Mee Posts: 1,441 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 30 October 2014 at 3:43PM
    Options
    bsms1147 wrote: »
    I would strongly recommend two Tesco accounts with one DD from each. It is barely any extra work to do this. You're taking a risk in both DDs originating from just one account as they can be seen as one mandate, or may be in the future.

I agree and will be monitoring this. Just stating what I was able to do for other interest earning current accounts. For another I have two DDs to x account on the same day but for different amounts with no ill effects to date. BTW, I do have more than one TIS account.
    Free thinker.:cool:
  • castle96
    castle96 Posts: 2,885 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I have (finaly) managed toset up two DDMs on my Internet Saver account., however on my two 'Current accounts' (the ones that earn 3%/£3k, I can only set up standing orders.
    It does say at the bottom of the page "you do not have any DDs set up" and does show the SOs.
    Where is the 'set up SO facility' please
  • colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    castle96 wrote: »
    I have (finaly) managed toset up two DDMs on my Internet Saver account., however on my two 'Current accounts' (the ones that earn 3%/£3k, I can only set up standing orders.
    It does say at the bottom of the page "you do not have any DDs set up" and does show the SOs.

Which 3%/£3K account requires any DDs?
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 31,066 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    castle96 wrote: »
    You seem a bit confused in the other thread about this too! What is it that you're actually trying to achieve, i.e. are you trying to comply with interest-paying conditions for other (non-Tesco) accounts or to set up 'real' payments from Tesco current account to another person or company?
  • smallgingerone
    Options
    Hi, thanks for the advice, I just wanted to report back the two DD are now showing themselves. They are set up for different dates as i ended up having to set them up on different dates.

I think the accounts are finally automated ready for the first lot of interest to come through. :j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure