• Oscargrouch
    Oscargrouch Posts: 4,393 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    1961Nick wrote: »
    Further update.....

0.78kWh which means 0.195 O's

....but if I do an Oscar it becomes 0.2 O's:rotfl:

And if Oscar does a Nick; Oscars becomes 0.236 O's (may have been .39 on the GM) ....next..:D....coffee.gif
    2.5 kWp PV system, SSW facing, 45 Deg Roof. ABB Inverter, Monitor: 'Wattson'.
    Reg. for FIT Nov 2011. "It's not what you generate; it's how you use it that matters". One very clean Vauxhall Diesel Sri, £30.00 Road Tax: B)

Definition of 'O's = kWh/kWp (kWh = your daily & accurate Generation figure) (kWp = the rated output of your PV Panels).
  • Andy_WSM
    Andy_WSM Posts: 2,217 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Uniform Washer Rampant Recycler
    Options
    groovyf wrote: »
    ...or not!
    Seems the Wattson's not that accurate. It reported 0.48kWh... my inverter reading is 0.69kWh
    So that's me with 0.17 O's. I'll hand that spoon to whoever wants it! :D

(Off topic... In fact, I'm not that impressed with Wattson's accuracy with usage either. Got an oil filled rad, that I know uses about 640 watts when on... Wattson seems to think it only uses 310 watts).

Yes, you really can't take the numbers on the Wattson as being accurate. It's for guidance only - anything that uses clamps rather than direct connection is going to have inaccuracies.
  • countryman_2
    Options
    Andy_WSM wrote: »
    Yes, you really can't take the numbers on the Wattson as being accurate. It's for guidance only - anything that uses clamps rather than direct connection is going to have inaccuracies.

A colleague of mine sent his Wattson back as he could not be doing with the inaccuracies it was recording.
    4kw PV fitted 4th July 2014 (Green Energy NW £5600). WSW facing, 30 deg Pitch, Unshaded, Samil Solar River inverter, 16 Solar World Mono panels, Iboost on Immersion Heater. located in mid Lincolnshire.
  • groovyf
    groovyf Posts: 286 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    It is a bit random for my tastes... For instance I can move the clamp slightly along the cable and it'll give me a wholly different reading. Similar happens if I just twist the clamp around the cable.
    My 2.3kWh electric floor heating I could get the Wattson to think it was just using 1100 watts by moving the clamp a little. Another twist of it got Wattson reporting a closer figure at 1900 watts.
    Both figures are quite a way from the stated 5% accuracy.
    4kWp system (Feb 2014) : 1.5 SW, 2.5 NE (16x Bisol BMO/250, Aurora Power-One UNO PVI-3.6 Inverter : pvoutput.org/list.jsp?id=29935
  • Martyn1981
    Martyn1981 Posts: 14,764 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 12 February 2015 at 7:28AM
    Options
    Merlin139 wrote: »
    762.17 kWh 0.1916 O's

Mine then!:rotfl::j:rotfl:

191.5 O's Now that's a kind of Magic. [Edit: Andy beat me to it. M.]

Not as good here in Cardiff, but my 1.3kWh or 0.23 O's looks like more than enough to ward off any wayward wood from these westward whereabouts.

Mart.
    Mart. Cardiff. 5.58 kWp PV systems (3.58 ESE & 2.0 WNW). Two A2A units for cleaner heating.

For general PV advice please see the PV FAQ thread on the Green & Ethical Board.
  • Andy_WSM
    Options
    Sunshine for the first time in days - but too late in the day for Spoon avoidance for my SE facing system I fear :eek:
  • Merlin139
    Merlin139 Posts: 6,859 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    1st to post. Me to beat to avoid the spoon.

0.3924528 O's (1.56 kWh)smiley-laughing021.gif

Still beating PVGIS Est Running at 103.% but am sure I will drop behind tomorrow.
    3.795 kWp Solar PV System. Capital of the Wolds

• Sterlingtimes
    Options
    Merlin139 wrote: »
    1st to post. Me to beat to avoid the spoon.

0.3924528 O's (1.56 kWh)smiley-laughing021.gif

So far you're likely to be saved by my 0.3386 Os but may have a few Watt hours to go.
    I have osteoarthritis in my hands so I speak my messages into a microphone using Dragon. Some people make "typos" but I often make "speakos".
  • countryman_2
    Options
    Well all these figures so far are greater than my 0.225 of a solitary O today..... :(
    4kw PV fitted 4th July 2014 (Green Energy NW £5600). WSW facing, 30 deg Pitch, Unshaded, Samil Solar River inverter, 16 Solar World Mono panels, Iboost on Immersion Heater. located in mid Lincolnshire.
  • Andy_WSM
    Options
    Phew! I'm safe! 1.37 Osez (5.38kWh)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business