Help -British Gas accounts in dispute have destroyed my credit rating

Options
Kdl865
Kdl865 Posts: 4 Newbie
edited 7 November 2017 at 12:29PM in Credit file & ratings
I have deleted my thread as today I sought legal advice ans it seems I very much do have a proper complaint. I wasn’t ignoring anything and updated every email address the comments are mostly unhelpful. I’m sorry it was a long post I wrongly thought more information would help and I have been quite distressed. I had been warned about the nasty and unhelpful comments on here forums so I wish I didn’t bother asking for help here. The fact that people comment just to be nasty and sarcastic is upsetting. People come here for help if you don’t want to help then don’t comment and if you comment at least bother to read things correctly. I wonder if you all speak to people you meet like this or if there is some security behind the keyboard.

Comments

• Hasbeen
    Hasbeen Posts: 4,404 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    you edited to add bits?

Sorry, you need to take a lot out just leave the facts, and paragraphs are useful for people to read and reply to you.
    The world is not ruined by the wickedness of the wicked, but by the weakness of the good. Napoleon
  • Shakin_Steve
    Shakin_Steve Posts: 2,704 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Name Dropper
    edited 7 November 2017 at 8:42AM
    Options
    A default from Tesco for changing bank accounts without telling them. A default from British Gas for accidentally cancelling a direct debit. British Gas sending emails to an address you told them you were going to stop using.
    These are just a few things I picked up on from skim reading the tome you posted above and a previous thread.
    Sorry.....all your own fault.

Edit to add: Maybe all your own fault because you don’t understand the consequences of not making payments on time and keeping your creditors up to date with account details and email addresses.
    I came into this world with nothing and I've got most of it left.
  • StopIt
    StopIt Posts: 1,470 Forumite
    Options
    Tldr: You took the wrong advice.

You can always pay a bill in dispute, and raise a complaint to claim the part back that is in error.

It may take a while, but cancelling a DD, then walking away constitutes a default in anyone's books. It will not be removed just because you then came back to try to sort it.

Raise a complaint with the ICO about the incorrectly marked "Gone away" flags etc. However the initially defaulted account will likely be marked as correct. No harm in raising the whole lot with the ICO however.

In debt and looking for help? Look here for the MSE Debt Help Guide.
    Also, If you need any free and impartial debt advice, the National Debtline, Stepchange, and the CAB can help.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Kdl865 wrote: »
    I will try to keep this as brief as possible

Thank goodness for that.

I'd hate to see the long version.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,097 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 7 November 2017 at 7:06PM
    Options
    Kdl865 wrote: »
    I have deleted my thread as today I sought legal advice ans it seems I very much do have a proper complaint.

Of course someone interested in parting you with your cash told you what you wanted to hear.
    I wonder if you all speak to people you meet like this or if there is some security behind the keyboard.
    When it comes to money I've even told my parents they're mad and wanted their heads testing with some of the stuff they've done.

On this board you get cold hard facts told plain and straight because telling people what they want to hear achieves nothing. If all you want is to be told what you want to hear then do as you have done and seek the advice of someone who is happy to take your money off you and tell you everything you want.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure