Ebay items send 'signed for' missing

Options
2»

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I agree Tweet Royal Mail- I find tweeting companies far more successful than any other method currently
  • theonlywayisup
    Options
    JW1975 wrote: »
    Royal Mail will refund £24???? Per list parcel unless you took extra cover.

I would go back to your post office for a chat. 4 out of 4 is highly highly unusual. They may be able to make further action that we humans cannot.

Not sure where you get the £24 from?
  • theonlywayisup
    Options
    Peggy0628 wrote: »
    The issue is that buyers want refunds now and Royal Mail is taking their time and want all sorts of evidence. And I'm not even guaranteed the compensation I get will cover the refunds. And in the meantime, I have rent/bills to pay and no money... and there's the overdraft problem... This whole thing is turning into a huge nightmare!

And why shouldn't they get their refunds? It won't be "now", it will be once the case has been opened [and if you are not silly; before it is escalated].

Royal Mail don't want "all sorts of evidence", they require you to fill out the claim form and supply your certificate of posting along with evidence of value - I've already told you that your Paypal transaction print/receipt will be sufficient.

Your personal circumstances are of no consequence. The money is only yours if you supply the goods and at the moment it appears you haven't.

The link for RM claims is here https://personal.help.royalmail.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/325?iid=MCE_claims_IVR_01 but NOTE, you cannot claim yet. You may want to look again at how many days are in a week!
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,207 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I can only echo what has been already said, there is an outside chance a bag of mail has been missed and delayed everything sent in the same batch. Signed for used to be very hit and miss with ever updating past the acknowledgement item was in the system, but has been much better recently, so no updates seems odd.

Once a case on eBay has been opened against you you have 8 days in which to refund without getting a defect. If you delay until case is escalated then the refund is forced on you and you also lose your FVFs, so it's worth making sure you act in a timely fashion.

ANY claim with RM will definitely take longer than the time scale for refund allowed by eBay so this is likely to be an issue, so I would be doing as suggested and use social media to get RM to help you.

Incidentally, signed for will cover losses for eligible items up to £50.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure