Whats the worst thing about Credit Cards

Options
Am curious to know what the worst thing about credit cards is to different people? My guess is its the long time it seems to take back and the confusion around repayment amounts/rates.

Any other thoughts?

Comments

• molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,865 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    The worst thing is that you have to pay them back ............ eventually. Can't think of anything else negative or confusing.
  • TheShape
    TheShape Posts: 1,779 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    That I don't have higher credit limits.
  • Superscrooge
    Superscrooge Posts: 1,171 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I wish they would always include the expiry date of 0% deals on credit card statements. Some do but many don't
  • smallbusiness
    Options
    I hate the fact most places charge more to take a credit card. Sometimes I want to put something on a credit card but the 2.5% surcharge some charge just have me reaching for my debit card instead.
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,865 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I wish they would always include the expiry date of 0% deals on credit card statements. Some do but many don't
    Agreed, Santander and MBNA do, TSB, Cap1, Halifax and Tesco do not. Shows what use the regulators actually are !
  • phillw
    phillw Posts: 5,594 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options

Knowing the 0% expiration isn't much help if you are still using the card as you lose the standard 1 month free interest because you didn't clear the balance in full. They calculate the interest from the date the purchase was made at their standard rate, even though the purchase was made before the 0%.

It would be helpful if they told you what to pay and when to avoid interest.
  • Frudd
    Frudd Posts: 53 Forumite
    Options
    It doesnt feel like real money or real spending which is how people get in trouble!

Also agree about the offer duration, I have started writing it on the front of the cards
    £0/£2017 extra income :(
    £1070 credit card
  • Shakin_Steve
    Shakin_Steve Posts: 2,701 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    There is nothing that's good, bad or even ugly about credit cards. Now.....the people that (mis)use them.....?
    I came into this world with nothing and I've got most of it left.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure