IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

POPLA Stage and need advise please

Options

Comments

• DD1A
    DD1A Posts: 161 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I also received a reply from BPA

Good morning,

Thank you for your patience while we looked into your enquiry.

We have contacted the operator who have advised us that due to a system error, no appeal outcome (containing a POPLA Code) was provided to you in response to your appeal.

Once made aware of this, the operator has confirmed that your appeal was re-opened and investigated as per their processes.

An appeal outcome containing a Valid POPLA code was issued to you by the operator on 18th May 2017.

As the operator have rectified the situation by processing your appeal and subsequently providing you with a POPLA code to allow you to further appeal, we will now close this case.

In relation to the Parking Charge Notice (PCN) you have received from PCS, we advise that in some instances, an operator may utilise a third party company to issue their PCN’s. when this occurs, the third party company may add their own administration costs to the PCN, as per the collection process.

Please note that the BPA are not an appeals service, and a further appeal should be submitted to POPLA directly (should you wish to further appeal).

Yours Sincerely,
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,730 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 18 May 2017 at 11:38PM
    Options
    Repy to that email from the BPA and copy in David Dunford at the DVLA, and say 'oh no they cannot' (or words to that effect).

Say this:

This is NOT ''debt collection stage''. Why do the BPA fail to understand their own CoP? A NTK (whether issued by a parking firm or their agent) cannot exceed your own - already exorbitantly inflated, and please don't insult me trying to justify it with the Beavis case - stated mandatory ceiling of £100.

Please reply with a more informed response or escalate it to a Manager who does know the Code. This remains a formal complaint about PCS/Debt Recovery Plus and the parking firm (both jointly liable for a significant breach of the CoP) and you must record my email as a complaint, not resolved and not a 'query'.

PCS (aka Debt Recovery Plus) cannot issue a NTK for £120 any more than an AOS member parking operator could. It is ludicrous that the BPA misleads consumers by suggesting that that it can, just because some in the BPA appear not to understand the difference between 'NTK stage' (appeal) and any later ''debt collection stage''.

P.S. Search the forum for 'dunford' to find his email as I get bored typing it every day!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • DD1A
    Options
    One thing that should be pointed out now the pictures have been checked on the website, the person was captured in the ptl evidence picture standing at the rear of the car holding keys and facing the camera ������ Will this make any difference?
    Basically if they check a social site with the name of the person appealing it'll be easy to put 2 and 2 together
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    None check social sites to put 2 and 2 together.

Some here would say that parking firms generally don't possess the brain cells between them, to add up 2 and 2.
  • DD1A
    Options
    I cannot seem to find the dunford thread containing the email..
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    Sorry - you mean the 1,000 threads...this past year alone...I post it too often and (sorry) am bored with it. And I believe newbies are best learning how to use the forum search properly, to your advantage - you will find LOADS!

You are searching wrong. Search THIS BOARD, not the whole MSE site.
  • DD1A
    Options
    Al done email sent cc'd dunford to and attached a pcs doc uncovered with details revealed so they know it's legitimate.

Do I still do the POPLA process as well or wait to hear back from the BPA/dunford as the 14 day clock is ticking now
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,246 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    DD1A wrote: »
    Al done email sent cc'd dunford to and attached a pcs doc uncovered with details revealed so they know it's legitimate.

Do I still do the POPLA process as well or wait to hear back from the BPA/dunford as the 14 day clock is ticking now

Construct your draft PoPLA appeal using the template points from post 3 of the NEWBIES thread then post it here for checking.
    If this is not resolved in time, send it to PoPLA once checked by the regulars, and don't miss the appeal deadline.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • DD1A
    Options
    I received an email from bpa complaining that they can't send a letter like this and this is the reply,

Thank you for your reply.

We advise in the BPA AOS Code of Practice Section 19.5 that we would not expect the full amount of the charge (when issued) to exceed £100 and that a minimum 40% reduction be offered for payment made within 14 days of the date of the Notice, this being in alignment with the Code. In reviewing the Notice that you have received, it states that a Notice to Driver was issued to the vehicle on the date of the alleged contravention (7th April 2017). This is when the Parking Charge Notice was first issued. If the original Notice to Driver requested an amount exceeding £100, please provide evidence of this.

As previously advised, a parking operator may enlist a third party company to issue Notice to Keepers on their behalf, and in these circumstances, the third party company may add on their own administration costs. PCS Facilities Limited have issued this Notice to Keeper on behalf of Parking Ticketing Ltd.

In reviewing the previous email sent to you, we have been unable to locate any mention of the charge being at the ‘Debt collection stage’ as you have quoted.

There has not been a breach of the Code in this instance and as such, we are unable to assist you further.

Yours Sincerely,
  • Ian011
    Ian011 Posts: 2,432 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    The premium rate 0845 number detailed in a previous message from the parking firm does breach the BPA code. Additionally, not mentioning the call costs immediately alongside such a number also breaches Ofcom regulations.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure