IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Sip/gladstones draft defence -urgent help required

Options

Comments

• Anita86
    Anita86 Posts: 9 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks Coupon-mad. Do you have any idea regarding my 28days to submit defence, + 5 days query?
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,747 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Yes, you have 33 days max but please don't...!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    The defence should include somewhere a para stating that the defendant displayed a ticket as evidenced in the claimants photographs (albeit it flipped over).

The claimant has suffered no loss and has been provided with evidence of the payment in the form of a copy of the ticket.
  • Anita86
    Anita86 Posts: 9 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you Johnersh, I was actually looking for a previous post/thread of yours in the Newbies thread that was recco'd by Lamilad in another post.
    And thanks Coupon-mad. I'm not trying to leave it to the last minute, but I'm a teacher and we've got Ofsted in so I've been really tryna burn the candle at both ends, keeping abreast of my legal arguments and school stuff. This online army is a godsend! :)
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    I'm a teacher and we've got Ofsted in

I'm full time admin at a school, and September was one of my busiest work months - knackered!

...and don't talk to me about OFSTED!
    I've been really tryna burn the candle at both ends
    Join the club! 8am at my desk, then up helping here till 1.30am most nights...plus I have 4 adult/student kids and a husband, talk about multi-tasking...

:D
  • Anita86
    Options
    Wow Coupon, I take my hat off to you, and hang my head in shame. I will do better lol.
    Thanks all for the input, I shall work on a revised defence to re-post tomorrow.
  • Molts
    Molts Posts: 179 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Have another read of the thread title.

Hehe - fair one!
  • Madsue
    Options
    Hi Anita86, I have been in Manchester County Court today defending SIP claim against me. It was a totally different senareo, but the SIP / Gladstone brief kept stressing it was part of the contract with you that you didplayed the ticket On the dashboard, it was never stated that it had to be the right way up.
    Do carry on these people cannot be allowed to get away with this money making scam.

In my case the jjudge was very fair and dismissed my case. RESULT?
  • Coupon-mad
    edited 3 October 2017 at 5:26PM
    Options
    Madsue wrote: »
    Hi Anita86, I have been in Manchester County Court today defending SIP claim against me. It was a totally different scenario, but the SIP / Gladstone brief kept stressing it was part of the contract with you that you didplayed the ticket On the dashboard, it was never stated that it had to be the right way up.
    Do carry on these people cannot be allowed to get away with this money making scam.

In my case the judge was very fair and dismissed my case. RESULT?

Yay!

Was yours one of these, out of 13 parking cases wasting the court's time at Manchester today, FIVE were SIP cases:

North West: Manchester: 03-10-2017: D2GF81Y9: SIP Parking:

North West: Manchester: 03-10-2017: D2GF8D12: SIP Parking:

North West: Manchester: 03-10-2017: D2GF8D77: SIP Parking:

North West: Manchester: 03-10-2017: D4GF24Y6: SIP Parking:

North West: Manchester: 03-10-2017: D8GF3H80: SIP Parking:

Can you start a new thread and give us a full Court report - i.e. like this:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=72919365#post72919365

Brilliant to hear about yet another case won. Manchester Judges really do not seem to like Gladstones!

Please do start a ''Winner winner chicken dinner - SIP have been Gladstoned!!'' thread!
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Options
    In post 1, paragraphs 8 and 12 duplicate each other, and you have two paragraphs 10.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure