Yankee Candle bargains - Please post your finds here!

Options

Comments

• mumofnine
    mumofnine Posts: 81 Forumite
    Options
    I use half a Yankee melt in a glade electric burner, for some reason I get a lot more uses from the melt in the electric burner than I do in a tealights burner xx
  • deely
    deely Posts: 383 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    mumofnine wrote: »
    I use half a Yankee melt in a glade electric burner, for some reason I get a lot more uses from the melt in the electric burner than I do in a tealights burner xx

was it as strong? Apparently the electric ones burn at a lower temperature so the scent is not as strong but lasts longer whereas a tea light burner lasts less but is stronger throw.
  • mumofnine
    mumofnine Posts: 81 Forumite
    Options
    deely wrote: »
    was it as strong? Apparently the electric ones burn at a lower temperature so the scent is not as strong but lasts longer whereas a tea light burner lasts less but is stronger throw.

I have it on in a room 18 X 18, you can definatly smell them but I agree a lot more subtle, the scent isn't as overpowering, I bought the burner when it was half price at £6 the only downside is that the plug isn't that long so may limit where you put it xx
  • sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,898 Senior Ambassador
    Homepage Hero Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • AuntieH
    AuntieH Posts: 582 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    https://www.clintonsretail.com/sale/filter/character-or-range/yankee-candle

Got this offer from their facebook page. I went into my local store (newcastle) this morning and they didnt have much, no melts at all reduced. There is a good selection on the website. Need to order £30 to get the free delivery though.
    Home is the nicest word there is- Laura Ingalls Wilder
    Mortgage Dec23 £97,696 Overpayments: Dec23 £500
    Previous wins: Caribbean Cruise, £500, holiday to Nimes, TV and surround sound system, loch ness trip, flash, cot, trip to ITV studios, ipad.
    Wins 2024:
    £509.19/£2024
  • Treasurequeen
    Options
    I got a medium jar Yankee candle sage and white tea in my local tescos for £6.50. They also had the wax melts reduced to 50p each and the votives for 60p each.
  • SIRENS
    SIRENS Posts: 1,229 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    I got large jar of Hazelnut coffee today at the Yankee candle shop for £13.19 they also had fireside, coral reef(?), orange splash a vanilla cinnamon type one and another couple, they also had the small/med tarts/votives reduced in those fragrances.
    'You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose' - Dr Suess

OS
  • peewhyeff
    peewhyeff Posts: 1,189 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Got two Simply Home YC's wax tart melts for £1 ( for the two) today in BargainBuys.
    Various scents......I got a vanilla one, and an autumn fruits one (sorry, can't remember the proper names of them).
  • sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,898 Senior Ambassador
    Homepage Hero Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I got a medium jar Yankee candle sage and white tea in my local tescos for £6.50. They also had the wax melts reduced to 50p each and the votives for 60p each.

Simply Home ones or as they are now called Home Inspiration ?
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • daveybea
    daveybea Posts: 372 Forumite
    Options
    poundworld in peterborough (near asda) had 2 yankee tartlets for £1.. ok they are xmas scent (holiday magic and savour the season) and the basic simply home range but they still have lots of "smell" to them ... i have put some in my shoe box with the kids smelly trainers!! waiting for xmas!! so they have dual uses ;)
    im tray not davey...pinched my hubbys account!!!
    :think:
    I must stop buying smellies..well until i spot a bargain!
    never turn a bargain /freebie down you just never know when you need it :D
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure