Cyprus 4* all inclusive, was £279 from Gatwick

Options
We have just booked a week at the Phaethon near Paphos from Manchester for £295 on the 3rd January with First Choice.

It was even cheaper as usual from Gatwick.

We were at the hotel earlier this year and found it very good.

Fortyfoot

Comments

• PompeyPete
    PompeyPete Posts: 7,126 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Indoor pool? Too cold for outdoor.
    Food is good.
    Apart from bottled KEO, the AI booze is iffy.
  • Fortyfoot
    Fortyfoot Posts: 1,957 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    More comments on Tripadvisor.

Fortyfoot
  • greenface
    greenface Posts: 4,871 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    edited 1 November 2015 at 10:52AM
    Options
    Great hotel and a decent location . jan is a tad cold for us . we have stayed there twice . decent enough waterpark for the kids . very good food for AI and as pompey says bottled keo is good . cocktails are decent too . DiDo is/was the entertainments manager . all hard working a good place for the kids . Im not sure if hes running in Jan but you need to check if Georges fun Bus is on . Best day out in and around paphos
    :cool: hard as nails on the internet . wimp in the real world :cool:
  • PompeyPete
    PompeyPete Posts: 7,126 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thomson also use the Louis Hotels in Paphos as part of their cruise/stay programmes.

We were there 7-14 December a couple of years ago, after a week on Thomson Celebration. Pool was too cooooold, and the waterpark closed. So it'll definitely be out of bounds in January. The beach at that end of the Paphos hotel strip isn't very good.

I'd only give it a 3* out of season, hence the price.

The food was v.good, bottled Keo lager is fine, and there's free-flow wine in the self-service restaurant. Rooms were alright. Entertainment is all a personal choice thing, and tbh our first floor room was too close to where the early evening stuff goes on.

The hotel is at the airport end of the Paphos hotel strip, and is the furthest hotel from the harbour. It's about a 35-40 minutes walk from Paphos Harbour. But there's a bus stop outside. Buses run between the harbour and airport. A day ticket is v.good vfm if you want a run out to Coral Bay, which is about 9 miles the other end of Paphos.

We used to live close to Coral Bay in Peyia, which is well worth a run up to on the bus that leaves from the Coral Bay bus terminus at Corallia Beach. Great views from Peyia Village, cafes, a few bars, and thousands of British Expats!

Here's the local bus timetable...

http://www.pafosbuses.com/busroutes/

You should be able to pick-up a pocket timetable at the Harbour terminus. The main bus station [Karavella] is tucked away at the back of the Old Town.

Alternatively if the weather is good [January can be iffy], and definitely chilly from mid-afternoon onwards, there's a seafront path all the way to the harbour. At the other end of the harbour the path carries on round the Archaeological area to the Tombs of the Kings tourist area [lots of roadworks going on at the moment].
  • Lovely26
    Options
    Oh, Cyprus is my lovely place. My sister married there. It`s beautiful place, I think all people must be to relax there.They have the best hotel.
  • krippo
    krippo Posts: 71 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Great deal!

By the way could you please tell me how you find so good deals?

Best Regards
  • Fortyfoot
    Options
    Keep looking!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fortyfoot
  • Fortyfoot
    Options
    Eleven nights, Gatwick, 2nd March 2016 £471, over £200 cheaper than from Manchester.
  • lessonlearned
    lessonlearned Posts: 13,337 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I have booked this for next year for a long stay winter break.

Mid Feb to mid March. I know it won't be scorching hot but that's fine by me - I don't like scorching hot. It should be warmer than the UK - at least during the day.

Thanks for all the links, I think it should be ok. I have a room with sea views and a private balcony.

I am a solo traveller so we will see how i get on.

I have been to Cyprus before about 15 years ago in January, a bit chilly at night but day times were nice and warm.
  • amatt1
    amatt1 Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options
    we have been to capital coast resort near the tombs in paphos. it was on beech side and was truly amazing. the pool the breakfast. just hire a car and you should be sorted. my kids 2 and 6 enjoyed and we loved it. this resort is by far the best
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure