PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Thread for Sunday 23rd April

Options
This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or SLOW internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the
Chin up, Titus out.

Comments

• Hard_Up_Hester
    Hard_Up_Hester Posts: 4,656 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning all

Karcher, I hope you are feeling better, hugs to anyone else in need.

I've been awake since 4am, gave up trying to sleep at 6 am, so the WM is chugging away making sure we have everything ready for work next week, both m washing lines are full, all the radiators are covered in washing and the maiden is full. We are in the house for a week and then back on the boat, hopefully for 2 weeks.

I have no idea what we are eating today as I have no idea what is in the cupboards or freezer, I'm sure I can rustle up a meal of some sort even if it's beans on toast.

I need to photograph and measure my sofa's as someone is interested in them and see if my DS wants to collect my TV, oh and rehome my fish, a busy week ahead then.

Have a good day everyone.
    Hugs Hester
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,033 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Good morning everyone. It's another beautiful one too.

Thanks for the thread HH. Busy times ahead for you.

The second set of friends got settled into their cottage last night. I went back up to see them briefly later in the evening. I only had half a glass of wine and then left, far too tired for anymore.

Today they're going for a canal walk, this may be the last good day of the week if the forecasts are to be believed.

Just ten more minutes in bed for me!

Happy Sunday and happy St George's Day too.
  • FurryBeastOz
    FurryBeastOz Posts: 1,380 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning. Glorious day here as well. Off to church quickly, then up to Balfron for my 10k race. No chance of a PB so I'm going to enjoy the scenery.

Have a great day everyone
    Goals - Weight loss 6/26lb at 22nd Jan 18
    Mmmm. 26lb at 1/7/18. Oops:o
  • dumpling
    dumpling Posts: 2,491 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Good morning everyone :hello:

It's a beautiful sunny morning here today. I have a nice day planned as it's my stepdad's 70th birthday so the family are meeting up for lunch at Westward Ho! Hubby and I were going to get a taxi there but as it's such a lovely day we have decided to catch the bus and walk to the restaurant along the coast path. I'm really looking forward to it.

I'm just washing my clothes that I want to wear so hopefully they will be dry in time :eek:. I really need to buy some more undies as I only have a couple of bras that fit properly so I usually wash one and wear one :D. Unfortunately I have been a bit slack with doing the washing this week so that is why I have been caught out :rotfl:.

The girls are all still asleep but they don't want to come to lunch so they are going to fend for themselves. There is plenty of food in so I don't think they will starve. I made Mary Berry's Banoffee traybake yesterday so there is even cake for pudding. I tried a tiny piece for quality control purposes and it was yummy.

I hope you all have a great day whatever you are up to, take care xx
  • camelot1001
    camelot1001 Posts: 6,007 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning All

I didn't wake up until 8.15, not sure how that happened! Washing is on the line as it's another lovely day.

Got loads done in the garden yesterday, it looks much better but still a long way to go, can't get it all done until the conservatory is taken down but I've not heard back from building control about that yet.

I have the bikes all ready, DD and I are going for a wobble along the canal into Glasgow, I've not been on the bike for ages so it should be interesting.

Have a great day whatever you're up to. Take care. XX
  • snoozer
    snoozer Posts: 3,586 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Have a good day Dumpling, that sounds lovely.

I'd like to get out for a walk as well but I'm very wheezy. I don't get chest infections in the winter like normal people, mine arrive in the spring and early summer when my hay fever kicks in. I'm trying to encourage DH to go out to take advantage of the lovely day.
  • redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all

Looks to be another nice day here but turning much colder tomorrow, I have had a glorious ten days off work, both weather wise and me wise but am just not ready to go back tomorrow :o I know by tomorrow night im going to be stressed and shattered again ! I wish I could afford to retire !!

Got a lot done in the garden yesterday planted some more hosta (my favourite plants) and tidied a lot of the pots etc from last year, I picked a couple up and the bottoms fell out so they have gone in a pile for the next tip run, we had just cleared the last lot and got rid of it as well !

We ended up having a quick pizza and salad for dinner last night (I just had coleslaw but it still upset my tummy :( ) seems to be all salad type of things are doing it now, so tonight OH will cook his curry.

We had a walk through the woods yesterday with Evie, there are some photos on my FB it was smothered in bluebells and so beautiful and the smell was lovely, might go to some other local woods today.

Karcher hugs to you xx

Have good days all xx
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning all,

was allowed to sleep well last night. No hound woke me up, no hubby waking me up by walking round the bed in his sleep and gasping for air when he stops breathing and my bladder didnt get me up either.

Hubby said he was going to sort his shed out today. I imagined he was going to chuck out the junk he doesnt need any more but instead he's put it all back in.... including the rusty old bike he says is beyond hope but wont part with. No it doesnt hold sentimental value, he says he just cant be assed to take it down the tip.... I suspect thats the same with all the rubbish thats in there.

So much stuff he doesnt use/will never use. I'm so annoyed. Why does it annoy me? Because one day i'm afraid if anything happens to him i'm gonna get lumbered with it all.

We have had a row over money too. My ideal job came up a few weeks ago. I discussed it with hubby and he said it didnt pay enough to warrant giving up our holidays for (he doesnt want to pay for main season rates) but to try and get some cash out of him is like trying to get blood out of a stone. I should have done whats best for me shouldnt i? I could kick myself now.

Onwards and forwards (but in one heck of a bad mood),

Have a good day all.
  • ancientofdays
    ancientofdays Posts: 2,913 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning all (just), I'm shattered, didn't sleep much and gave up at 3. Still, it is Sunday so doesn't much matter.

It is dullish here but the sun is making an attempt to shine, I woukd quite like my washing to dry.

I'd like to retire too rr but can't, for the same reason. And tru, I can empathise without going into detail.

Dumpling that sounds fun.

Hope everyone has as good a day as possible
    I was jumping to conclusions and one of them jumped back
  • elona
    elona Posts: 11,806 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    LW

You asked about potato pastry so just doing the recipe now before I forget.

275 floury potatoes
    40 g diced chilled butter
    80g plain flour
    2 tbs semi skimmed milk
    1 egg beaten to glaze.

Make the mash- boil potatoes till tender then drain, tip back in pan and mash (no milk or butter yet) - leave to cool.

Get large bowl and mix butter into flour- add mash and 1 tbs milk and work it into a dough- roll it into a ball and chill it for 30 mins.

Use as a topping for any cooked filling or base. Oven at 180 gas or 200 fan - brush top with egg and put in preheated oven for around 45 minutes.

Family are coming round for lunch around one so need to get pie in oven.

Hugs to all
    "This site is addictive!"
    Wooligan 2 squares for smoky - 3 squares for HTA
    Preemie hats - 2.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business