Round and round the overdraft....soon to be no more

Options

Comments

• louby40
    louby40 Posts: 1,519 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks Ramble, I've liked the FB page - there were some good ideas on there too.

I'm enjoying YNAB very much and it will definitely help me. But, this is my first month on my journey so I know I'm going to have to dip into my overdraft very slightly this month - this will be fine as the first £250 is free (I shant go over much) but I don't want to use my savings so I'd prefer to use my overdraft this month.

It's a work in progress and I'm still learning. Each month will get better and better

Today has been a spendy day.
    £20 for 2 presents of £10 each for my niece and partners daughters birthdays
    £20 petrol - this should last me until I go on holiday
    £60 carpet fitter fee - carpet/vinyl being fitted next Monday
    £16.50 for 2 gifts for ladies that work for me - I have wine in to add to these so cheapish presents
    £4 zumba class

Next week I still need to pay for the hairdressers, nail appointment and buy euro's.

I get paid whilst I'm away!

Tomorrow should be NSD#4
  • louby40
    Options
    Busy day today as I was on a class trip with my class. 30 5 year olds running round looking for mini beasts was good fun but stressful.

Today was NSD 4/10.

I'm still getting to grips with YNAB and have finally managed to get it on my iPad and iPhone by downloading the correct app. Looking forward to getting paid now so I can budget my money.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    That's what I found hardest when we first downloaded YNAB - waiting for payday so I could mess around with it all!

Sounds like a proper busy day. Not long to summer hols
    Ramble x
  • louby40
    Options
    Morning all

Last big spendy day for a while I hope. I had to go and get some euros for my son who is off to Paris in the morning with school and some for our trip to Spain. We're staying in an all inclusive hotel so I'm only taking 100 euros as we won't need to buy much whilst we're there.

Last supermarket shop at Aldi & Tesco and spent £50, was hopin it would be less but hey ho!

Hoping that I will rack up some NSD now as I don't need anything. I may dip into my overdraft by £60 if my hairdresser cashes my cheque before I get paid - sometimes it can be 2/3 weeks before it's cashed, so we shall see.

But £60 overdrawn is better than £500 which is what its been for months, so I'm pleased with that progress. Hopefully it should be 0 next month and I can start building it up.

Right off to tacklesome washing...
  • louby40
    Options
    ...and I haven't used my CC all month which is another MAJOR achievement!!
  • System
    Options
    Do the happy money dance - I think you have earned it ;-)
  • Poor_Single_lady
    Options
    "its a work in progress and i am still learning"
    This definitely applies to me too. We will get there must not overnight.

I laughed when I read about your boys drinking all the milk. My brothers were exactly the same growing up! Exactly the same. I dont know what it is with boys and milk! And I don't know how my mum managed to feel us all when we were teenagers. Good luck with your journey. xxx
    2017- 5 credit cards plus loan
    Overdraft And 1 credit card paid off.

2018 plans - reduce debt
  • tori.k
    tori.k Posts: 3,592 Forumite
    Options
    Have a wonderful holiday Louby.
  • louby40
    Options
    My budget went a bit haywire on Sunday as I bought a wardrobe for my son off eBay. I'm now £1.31 overdrawn.

I get maintenance/child benefit on Monday and paid next Wednesday so it's not too bad. Food is sorted for the rest of the week. I've got my euros and £20 in my purse for a drink at the airport on Saturday. I'm sure I can get through the next 3 days!
  • System
    Options
    Roll on your holiday!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts