Pip Award Review Timescale

Options
Hi I was wondering if anyone had gone through the new PIP Award Review process and could tell me how long it took between sending the form off and hearing of a decision, either an award or the need for a F2F interview?

I sent mine off over a month ago and all I've had back was a text message to say they had received it.

It's really worrying me as there have been so many stories in the news of people either having their award lowered or losing it altogether. Stress exacerbates several of my conditions and I'm becoming quite poorly now.

WHy on earth can't they take into consideration how much stress is involved for us when they are taking so long to deal with the claims and award reviews. I know ATOS and Capita have problems getting staff but I was under the impression it was the DWP that did the initial review of the Award reviews so why so much hold up.

If I kept them waiting over a month for something they had asked about then I would be penailsed but its ok for them to make people ill by keeping them waiting.:angry::angry:

Comments

• IAmWales
    IAmWales Posts: 2,024 Forumite
    Options
    There are thousands of claimants, each form is dealt with in date order. If you want an update you can call and ask where your form is currently. Be polite, any delays are not the fault of the call handler and they're far less likely to help if you are abrupt.
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,949 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Alibabar wrote: »
    Hi I was wondering if anyone had gone through the new PIP Award Review process and could tell me how long it took between sending the form off and hearing of a decision, either an award or the need for a F2F interview?

I sent mine off over a month ago and all I've had back was a text message to say they had received it.

It's really worrying me as there have been so many stories in the news of people either having their award lowered or losing it altogether. Stress exacerbates several of my conditions and I'm becoming quite poorly now.

WHy on earth can't they take into consideration how much stress is involved for us when they are taking so long to deal with the claims and award reviews. I know ATOS and Capita have problems getting staff but I was under the impression it was the DWP that did the initial review of the Award reviews so why so much hold up.

If I kept them waiting over a month for something they had asked about then I would be penailsed but its ok for them to make people ill by keeping them waiting.:angry::angry:
    I had my PIP review last year and mine took about 8 weeks from sending the form back to have another f2f. The decision then only took 4 days, i had a call from DM 4 days after f2f and the decision was made later that day. I would say most still have to attend a f2f, with only few people getting that paper based decision. I'd prepare yourself for another, i'm afraid. If you didn't send in new evidence i'd advice to take it with you to your f2f. Times really do vary accross the country and there's isn't much you can do until you hear something.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure